AMCAS submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pizzastories

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I have a particular question for a pre-med friend of mine. She wants to take the MCAT this summer on the July 8th test date. The undergraduate institution we attended does not submit your committee letter until August 20th, or thereabouts (it frustrated me this cycle, but didn't end up hurting). Let's say she wants her application to be complete on that date at the schools she is applying to. Could she submit her whole AMCAS, without an MCAT score, and have everything verified by the time her MCAT score is released? In the meantime she could do the secondaries by coming onto SDN and looking at the secondary questions y'all post so she would just have to cut and paste when she actually received the secondary. I know this isn't the ideal situation, but is it possible? Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond...

Members don't see this ad.

What you've outlined gives the best case scenario for timely completion of applications when you'll be limited by a delayed MCAT score and LORs.

Further, she need submit to only one school intially (I suggest five weeks before the score comes back), so verification can proceed, later adding additional schools when the score is known, so she can better target schools that she is most competitive for. Newly added schools get the entire application within a day.