AMCAS Undergrad Credit Calculation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

carmelocorn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
AMCAS threw out some of my undergrad classes while getting my degree in nuclear medicine. It looks like they were mostly my internship credits I obtained through clinical rotations, but Radiation Physics was thrown out as well.

Does this mean they do not count towards the 90 credit hours required at some schools? Or were they just not counted towards my GPA? I'm not sure if this is worth getting a revision because none of the courses were requirements and I am pretty sure they show up on my application even though they were not counted.

I have emailed a couple schools asking them specifically if they will accept these credits but I haven't heard back. It doesn't look like AP credits are configured into that total credit hour calculation either.

Members don't see this ad.

When you say that AMCAS threw out your courses, do you mean out of GPA calculation, didnt count them as BCPM or removed them from the AMCAS transcript? And what do you mean that AP courses dont count?
Are both sets of these credits on your transcripts (Yes/No)
Are these credits reflected on on AMCAS either in course GPA or in supplemental hours? (yes/no)
Do you have more than 90 hours in course GPA and supplemental hours? (yes/no)

It says AMCAS didn't use these courses but they did do have an AMCAS grade.
Yes, all credits are listed on my transcript. But only the credits from an AP course is listed in supplemental credits.
Total with supplemental is 88 hours but it does show I am taking Biochem next semester so I guess this will only be a big deal for those schools that want 90 hours at the time of applying...