AMCAS Work/Activities mistake, wrong beginning year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ServiceFirst

MS1
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had just realized that I put the start year for my employment as 2015 instead of 2014 (I held this position for ~2.5 years). With these dates, I'm not sure the hours I posted will add up. This activity also happens to be one of my "most meaningful experiences."

Has anyone had any experience calling the AAMC to ask for this to be remediated? I just submitted my app yesterday and it is ready for review. Or should I just address this in secondaries (would this discrepancy be a reason not to receive a secondary?). Thanks for your help!

Edit: I did notate in the extra "most meaningful experiences" section that I was involved in this experience for the past 3 years, so it is accurate there. I apologize for my neurotism, but it certainly helps at times just to post here and process.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Ignore it, it will be seen as a simple oversight

do not try to get AMCAS to revise it (they wont)
do not mention it on secondaries (person who reads secondary may not be same who evaluates primary)
Just be ready to answer if asked at interview in 6 words or less! (most applicants babble that then sounds like excuse)

Thank you, this is helpful. What you mean by interviews is if they are like why are there so many hours for short period of time, mention that I meant to put 2014?

Just putting to rest that a secondary/interview invitation won't be based off if I had that extra year in my employment? @gonnif