American Medical Graduate with PGY-1 Experience Looking for Open PGY-2 Position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AGoodDoc84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I completed a PGY-1 year in an AP/CP program and then switched to clinical medicine for a year. Needless to say, I wish I hadn't. I wish I would have stayed in Pathology. I completed all programs in good standing and have numerous letters of recommendation

I have passed all USMLE's, attended an American Allopathic Medical School, and am looking for an open PGY-2 (or even PGY-1) position in Pathology. Please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Kind Regards,

A Good Doc

Members don't see this ad.

My suggestion, if you have any sort of relationship with him/her, is to contact your prior pathology PD and see if they know of anything through their listserv, and if not, ask if they would send out such a request on your behalf. However you will have the massive red flag of appearing incredibly wish-washy in terms of your career aspirations.

:thumbup:

Yeah, the PD listserv can be a very good source, if you have an "in" somewhere. I know several people who got opportunities pretty quickly at least when the reasons for moving on (pathology to pathology) were out of the resident's control and the PD had no reason to downplay those residents. I concur that your situation is different and carries its own potential biases though. Not much you can do about it now, just realize that sentiment will be out there.