AMPLE Part 1 Study Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JonScholl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently studying for the Part 1 coming up on July 11. I was wondering if anyone used Doctors in Training as a study tool and if they found it to be effective.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Does this actually help?

Can someone who has already gone through the exam answer this?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I thought DIT was a waste of money. Way too much information for what is needed on the APMLE. Many of of the lectures are not even on the APMLE so you just end up skipping them. I stopped after a week and just buried myself into FA. Maybe if you used it just for the high yield topics is would be good, but just going through everything was way too much.

With that being said, I did have a buddy who really liked it. Depends on your learning style I guess.

Seems like there are only Scholl students posting in this thread but I'll offer my two cents as a fellow classmate. I think the biggest pet peeve pod students have with first aid is that the book assumes you have a good grasp of the information. Therefore it doesn't include a lot of minutia that accompanies each topic because it assumes you know that already. The book serves as quick refresher of all the major topics that you should have hit in your courses.

With that being said I feel the Doctors in training (DIT) program is very good because the presenter re-teaches you the topics talked about in first aid. He provides a more in depth analysis of each topic which re-covers some of the important minutia you should have hit in the lecture notes. That's at least what I have gotten out of it. I enjoy it because its organized and it keeps me interested. My first aid book has notes written all over it.

I will be supplementing first aid with BRS physio and biochem as I feel these are excellent books that cover those topics in a concise manner. Scholl also puts together nice high yield notes that follow the APMLE bulletin for the gross anatomy section (gross, histo, neuro) and LEA so I will be studying their notes for those topics.

I bought pathoma for pathology but I also have BRS pathology as well (as I used this for our path course). I will give pathoma a shot though since I've heard GREAT things about the program.

Dont waste too much time on gross, histo and neuro. these three together account for less than 10%.

So how much time off do the schools give you to study for the boards?