Anatomic Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toothfairy2011

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anatomic Sciences, Booklet 1-M, Question 1

Which of the following nerves innervates the interior buccal mucosa of the floor of the oral cavity?
A. Facial
B. Trigeminal
C. Lingual
D. Mylohyoid
E. Hypoglossal

Answer: Trigeminal

While I agree that trigeminal is a possible answer, I wonder why the answer couldn't also be Lingual. According to the Decks, Lingual is a branch off V3 and provides general sensory innervation to the floor of the mouth (Note: See Nerves Section of Anatomic Sciences, if you are using the decks).

Help!

Members don't see this ad.

Anatomic Sciences, Booklet 1-M, Question 1

Which of the following nerves innervates the interior buccal mucosa of the floor of the oral cavity?
A. Facial
B. Trigeminal
C. Lingual
D. Mylohyoid
E. Hypoglossal

Answer: Trigeminal

While I agree that trigeminal is a possible answer, I wonder why the answer couldn't also be Lingual. According to the Decks, Lingual is a branch off V3 and provides general sensory innervation to the floor of the mouth (Note: See Nerves Section of Anatomic Sciences, if you are using the decks).

Help!
sensory innervation to Buccal mucosa of the floor of the mouth is supplied by Mental n. (a br. of IAN). If it was lingual, it would be lingual n. as you had suggested.

Sensory nerve supply to the facial mucosa and gngiva of the mandibular molars travels in which of the following nerves?

A. mental
B. lingual
C. inferior alveolar
D. Buccal nerve of V
E. Posterior superior alveolar

Would this be D?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you help me out with this question?

What structure causes the bucal vestibule to decrease in size when the jaw is opened wide?
-Condyle, coronoid fossa,hamular process,styloid process?

I think is that the meniscus would decrease in size when the jaw is opening. but I'm not sure and there's no an option for that answer... :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance;)

Last edited:
Sensory nerve supply to the facial mucosa and gngiva of the mandibular molars travels in which of the following nerves?

A. mental
B. lingual
C. inferior alveolar (Answer)
D. Buccal nerve of V
E. Posterior superior alveolar

Next time you extract a mandibular molar, just give an IA and a lingual and try and measure how high the patient jumps out of the chair.