And so it begins... Class of 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spiderpete

dontstartalandwarinasia
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Med school is as close as a bug on the windshield. What do you feel right now?

Relief? I made it! I got this far, its all do able from here.
Fear? ohmygod, ohmygod, ohmygod!
Excitement? Bring it on baby!
Calm? This is but a step in the journey, Grasshopper?
Worried? Yeah, ok, I can do this, but what about the debt, and the damage to my family and the freakin economy and I sucked at orgo can I really learn all this stuff at my age?

I admit to some of all, ergo the thread. But mostly I cant wait! Its been a glide year for me that was worrisome until the first acceptance came in. Then it was more of a feeling of, alright lets be about it then.

And you?

Members don't see this ad.

I just finished my second week of med school. The workload is fierce and I keep wishing there were more hours in the day. My thoughts:

- OMG I hope I don't flunk out
- OMG I can't believe I have to borrow all this $$$$
- OMG is this really happening? Am I really in med school? (pinching self)
- OMG this is so great to be back in school and learning new things :D

Relief.. Not going to be as bad as I expected, only have class 3 days a week plus one day of LCE and small group sessions.
Excitement.. pretty self-explanatory

"DAMN, I made the right decision"

Being away from my family has been difficult but surprisingly I am dealing with it very well, who knew I was so resilient.

One thing I have realized these past two weeks is that I need to learn the word no or I am going to be in big trouble the next four years. There are way too many exciting things to get involved with.

Oh and a definite culture shock, I am kicking myself for dropping that spanish class in college.

Members don't see this ad :)
good luck guys and gals, hit the ground running and ask for help before it's too late

Med school is as close as a bug on the windshield. What do you feel right now?

Denial, with a sprinkling of disbelief. Jealousy/envy, of everyone who's already started. I don't start until the end of the month.

However, I'm totally making sure to enjoy these few weeks of actual vacation. (I've taken vacation days before but they were never real vacations.)

Denial, with a sprinkling of disbelief. Jealousy/envy, of everyone who's already started. I don't start until the end of the month.

However, I'm totally making sure to enjoy these few weeks of actual vacation. (I've taken vacation days before but they were never real vacations.)

I was like you, antsy to get started and now I'm wishing I had a later start date. Kind of like that pringle song "once you pop, the fun don't stop" replace pop with matriculate and fun with study.

Enjoy your last few weeks of freedom :)

I was like you, antsy to get started and now I'm wishing I had a later start date. Kind of like that pringle song "once you pop, the fun don't stop" replace pop with matriculate and fun with study.

Enjoy your last few weeks of freedom :)

My plan is to have a drink in honor of each person I know starting school ahead of me. ;)