Anesthesia Crit Care 2023-2024 Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone post a link for the exceptions? How competitive is Anesthesia-CCM this year?

Members don't see this ad.

This is way more stressful than the match, just watching programs on your list fill their spots while you wait for a call/email/whatever. Good luck to everyone waiting for an exception spot.
Completely agree. Beyond frustrating to sit here and wait lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
The match exceptions are essentially all EM unless it says internal candidate? Why does EM find out sooner?
or CCM-ACTA combined. anything that's two years or internal candidate or military. It's harder to do combined and coordinate..

Can someone post a link for the exceptions? How competitive is Anesthesia-CCM this year?
Unsure of normal numbers, but my shop's PD said there "Were only 45 applicants for the whole country.."

Unsure of normal numbers, but my shop's PD said there "Were only 45 applicants for the whole country.."
Kind of felt that way on interviews. I was with a lot of the same people at many different interviews. Wonder if that’s actually true?

Reactions: 1 user
I just signed my match exemption. They also seemed to imply overall numbers were down this year.

But tough to say on my end cuz I only suicide applied to a single program.

Putting off making this rank list as long as possible. More difficult than ranking residency IMO.

Anyone has sent a letter of intent to their No1 programs? Or received a rank to match letter from programs?

Members don't see this ad :)
Mostly Cali and NE programs. Main issue is deciding location vs program. I could see myself long term out west, but not so much the NE
I would do Cali/out west if that’s your end game. That said it realy depends on the prestige of the programs we are talking about because the best NE programs wont have any problems getting you back in Cali

Anyone has sent a letter of intent to their No1 programs? Or received a rank to match letter from programs?
Have sent a note to number 1 program and have received a handful of ranked to match notes from various programs. Very cool feeling.

Good luck today everyone!!!! Matched #1 😀😀😀😀😀🍾🍾🎉🎉🎊🎊

Where did you guys match!?
Michigan! Hail!
Edit: totally thought you were the one that did fellowship there already but I think I was way off on that looking back through messages. My badddddddddd

Michigan! Hail!
Edit: totally thought you were the one that did fellowship there already but I think I was way off on that looking back through messages. My badddddddddd
I interviewed there great program for sure!

Michigan! Hail!
Big Match!

GREAT program

Reactions: 1 users