Anesthesiology assistant (AA) curriculum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AgentJ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am a 20 yr old pre-med that has recently found out about the Anesthesiology assistant career path. The shorter education time and high earnings are very appealing, but I am wondering how much of the curriculum involves organic/bio-chemistry and physics concepts and how hard is the 2 year training period compared to medical school. I also have a question about the Certifying and Re-Certifying examinations. I noticed on the NCCAA website the exams are offered only Saturdays. I cannot test on Saturdays due to religious reasons as I am a Seventh-day Adventist. How much of a problem would this be when going through education and training at an AA school? Just trying to consider all my options. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

No problem. You will have rotations on the Sabbath. Jesus healed on Sabbath :) . You should have no qualms with that when entering the healthcare profession. You can file to take the test on a Monday. Tests are not equal to healing. Most people, and lawyers for the ACLU, understand that! You will be fine. Most of the program is physiology, physiology, and physiology. A very fine subject that contains biochemistry, physics, anatomy, and biology.