Jul 12, 2009
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hello, I am a 20 yr old pre-med that has recently found out about the Anesthesiology assistant career path. The shorter education time and high earnings are very appealing, but I am wondering how much of the curriculum involves organic/bio-chemistry and physics concepts and how hard is the 2 year training period compared to medical school. I also have a question about the Certifying and Re-Certifying examinations. I noticed on the NCCAA website the exams are offered only Saturdays. I cannot test on Saturdays due to religious reasons as I am a Seventh-day Adventist. How much of a problem would this be when going through education and training at an AA school? Just trying to consider all my options. Thanks!

Marine1

Hoorah
10+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2007
Swampland
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
No problem. You will have rotations on the Sabbath. Jesus healed on Sabbath :) . You should have no qualms with that when entering the healthcare profession. You can file to take the test on a Monday. Tests are not equal to healing. Most people, and lawyers for the ACLU, understand that! You will be fine. Most of the program is physiology, physiology, and physiology. A very fine subject that contains biochemistry, physics, anatomy, and biology.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads