Anesthesiology or Radiology (not serious, but kinda)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

millerthelab1001

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's up everybody, I am an M2 at a USMD and have been trying to figure out which specialty most aligns with me. Ive done this partially because step 1 being P/F, I feel like the decision to have a specialty selected and cater your CV to it specifically is more important especially earlier on. With that being said, I have grown interests in radiology and anesthesia with limited shadowing experience, however Id like to just hear input since I cannot decide anything on my own lol.

Personally, I love the idea of being a doctor without making it my entire personality and life. I perform decently well in school, however also would sacrifice a few points on an exam to have a normal(ish) social life. I love to play video games (Rocket League) and love to play sports, workout, hangout with my dog as much as possible, and have fun on the weekends. Ive been described in my class as chill and a comedian and also enjoy most things in medicine besides clinic lol. I also love the idea of becoming good with my hands or just basic procedural skills.

Members don't see this ad.

What's up everybody, I am an M2 at a USMD and have been trying to figure out which specialty most aligns with me. Ive done this partially because step 1 being P/F, I feel like the decision to have a specialty selected and cater your CV to it specifically is more important especially earlier on. With that being said, I have grown interests in radiology and anesthesia with limited shadowing experience, however Id like to just hear input since I cannot decide anything on my own lol.

Personally, I love the idea of being a doctor without making it my entire personality and life. I perform decently well in school, however also would sacrifice a few points on an exam to have a normal(ish) social life. I love to play video games (Rocket League) and love to play sports, workout, hangout with my dog as much as possible, and have fun on the weekends. Ive been described in my class as chill and a comedian and also enjoy most things in medicine besides clinic lol. I also love the idea of becoming good with my hands or just basic procedural skills.
You already admitted you have limited shadowing experience with these specialties, and ostensibly you may know how to go about this?

Go to their grand rounds, go to the reading rooms with radiology contacts/mentors, go to the OR with your anesthesiology contacts/mentors. Go to departmental gatherings, research presentations, etc. Over time you'll have more info to decide.

Reactions: 1 user