junee1007

10+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2007
Status
  1. Medical Student
Hi,
I am MS4 at a top 20 us med school trying to apply for residency match this year. my step 1 score is 220.
My clinical grade not so good. 2-3 high passes(medicine and surgery) and everything else is just pass. I don't know anyone in the field, so my letters will be generic. I took a year off to do basic science research but no publication.

I am trying to apply to either anesthesiology or internal medicine to do either cardio or pulm fellowship.

So my question is:
1. how likely is it for me to get a position at a major university anesthesiology program?
2. What are the future prospects of the anesthesiology compared to cardiology or pulmonology? pros and cons?

I feel like if I don't land a fellowship after 3 yrs of IM, then I'm pretty screwed whereas if i just go into anesthesia, i don't have to worry about such things. Can anyone enlighten me to make a wise decision???:eek: Thanks!!!!

InductionAgent

10+ Year Member
Aug 8, 2004
Status
  1. Attending Physician
How do you not know anyone in the field? Did you not rotate anesthesiology? If you haven't done a rotation in it, then you really have no idea whether you like it enough to make it your specialty.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads