ANESTHESIOLOGY vs SURGERY

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anesthesiadrew said:
Not trying to hijack the post because its kinda intresting to see someone get busted on a public forum, but what is your deal with the constant crying about nurses?

I have no prob with nurses in general and get along excellently with those whom I work. However, I have no respect for those like Justin who come to this forum and spew lies to discourage med students from looking at anesthesiology as a viable option for residency.

Members don't see this ad.

juddson said:
I'm curious - does what he writes appear to suggest he has some familiarity with the field. I'm not an MDA either (if in fact he's not), but it does appear to me that he trades technical knowledge with the best of you.

judd

My brother is a pilot who used to fly a B767-300er for living and told me that he could teach the baggage handler to fly the plane. The point here is that having technical knowledge (pushing buttons and turning dials) does not equate with expertise.

Holy cow!!
I can't believe this justin shpiel. I was under the impression this cat was a disgruntled attending somewhere. I guess this just underscores on of the late skip intro's signatures "never, ever believe anything you read on a forum without verifying it for yourself." I guess justin's only way out of this one is to scan his diploma and prove it once and for all.
Even so, I gotta say I always had my doubts. Most MDA's are a pretty agreeable bunch. Justin disagreed with just about every opinion posted, and "with furious vengeance" to boot. I figured either he was an outlyer, or something else was up.
btw, nice detective work gpac.
Peace

Members don't see this ad :)
lvspro said:
Holy cow!!
I can't believe this justin shpiel. I was under the impression this cat was a disgruntled attending somewhere. I guess this just underscores on of the late skip intro's signatures "never, ever believe anything you read on a forum without verifying it for yourself." I guess justin's only way out of this one is to scan his diploma and prove it once and for all.
Even so, I gotta say I always had my doubts. Most MDA's are a pretty agreeable bunch. Justin disagreed with just about every opinion posted, and "with furious vengeance" to boot. I figured either he was an outlyer, or something else was up.
btw, nice detective work gpac.
Peace

Medikit on the Pre-Allo forum did all the detective work. When we called him out over there he never came back. So one day I am browsing the Anesthesiology forum and see him still posting on here AS AN ATTENDING after he just told the Pre-meds to get out while they can (and that he just completed residency). I wanted to get the dirt on this guy so I brought it to all your attention. I think what he did was very low, too low for any health professional (which I doubt he is).

GPACfan said:
Medikit on the Pre-Allo forum did all the detective work. When we called him out over there he never came back. So one day I am browsing the Anesthesiology forum and see him still posting on here AS AN ATTENDING after he just told the Pre-meds to get out while they can (and that he just completed residency). I wanted to get the dirt on this guy so I brought it to all your attention. I think what he did was very low, too low for any health professional (which I doubt he is).

Thanx for the work you put into revealing the misrepresentation. We are all very appreciative. :thumbup:

The lack of response by JD seems to indicate you are correct GPAC. Too bad. I rather enjoyed the sparring with what I thought was a legitimate entity.

nice detective work.

So what about the main issue that started this whole thing? Are CRNA's going to threaten anesthesiologist's careers in the future?

jetproppilot said:
Thanx for the work you put into revealing the misrepresentation. We are all very appreciative. :thumbup:

You're welcome, I don't sort through everyone's posts but Justin's pre-allo post just struck me as suspicious. It was an extremely discouraging post but sounded a little manipulative and contrived. I wanted to go through Justin's posts to see how long he's been doing it. What I ended up finding was a guy who has consistently "contributed" to the forum but whose history was anything but consistent.

I don't think your problems are over. When Justin made his post in pre-allo a guy calling himself "anesthesiaman" was the first to reply and agree with the OP. I noticed that anesthesiaman has been posting more in this forum now. I think that they are the same person. Here is his posting history: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/search.php?searchid=1142165
Nothing really stands out to me but he hasn't been posting nearly as long as Justin.

This guy is a piece of work.

Vent - maybe you can look into this ISP thingy and see if Justin and anesthesiaman are one in the same? Shut 'em down.

dc

rs2006 said:
With all due respect to all the anesthesiologists who read this forum and not to be disrespectful to anyone here, I would be extremely grateful if someone (hopefully an MDA attending) could give me some input which could help me with my career choice. Thank you very much...................................

I hope all is well for everyone in the forum. I am a fourth year medical student at a school in the southeast and am an avid reader of the info on the Anesthesiology Forum because I am considering Anesthesiology as a career.

I recently completed a rotation in Anesthesia and LOVED it-- I liked being in the OR, doing procedures, the short but rewarding relationships with patients, the technology (all the gizmos and gadgets), the instant gratification gained from the wonders of pharmacology, etc......

However, I feel desparately confused about the future-- given the fact that the baby boomers are getting older Medicare/Medicaid is going to feel a pinch due to the rising cost of health care and the increased demand for healthcare services from the public-- Now my question is where you guys see Anesthesiology going (given the amazing new technology that has made anesthesia increasingly safe over the past few years) and given the issue of CRNAs (I am sorry to bring up the CRNA issue-- I have read about it extensively on this site, but feel compelled to bring it up again given what is written above about CRNAs "opting out" in some states)? Also, do you guys feel concerned about the possibility of CRNAs gaining more rights to practice alone given the technology that has made anesthesia so safe in recent years? In addition, is the Anesthesiology professional organization working on some laws that will make the future for MD anesthesiologist brighter (in terms of job security, namely the CRNA thing (sorry for bringing that up again)? Thanks

Desparate and Confused in the South East

Hey Justin, did you change your name to rs2006 this time?

Justin4563 said:
Hi desperate and confused in the south east:

The asa does not do shat.. thats why I am an attending and i refuse to give them my money. They totally gave the profession to the crnas on a silver platter and they crnas said thank you very much and they are growing and growing and becoming more autonomous. they stick together, they help each other out professionally they have one voice and they lobby like crazy. The asa makes life for residents more difficult, they make more rules and more rules, they increase the price of the board exam, they make it more and more difficult to pass these exams, they are not education friendly. Its all about the benjamins with the asa. and you know what.. for me its all about the benjamins thats why i dont join. the only laws they are coming up with is more hoops to jump through.. now they came out with maintenance of certification.. just more hoops to jump through.. the recertification exam is easy as **** now but when i take it in 8 years.. it probably wont be.. there will be a 20 percent faill rate.. thats what they do in their offices.. they think their own is the enemy and they make practice increasingly more difficult

SOrry about that rant.

If you like anesthesia, its a good fit.. do a residency in it. For me, it fit like a glove and I enjoy anesthesia . I hate the people who run it.. I dont know what it will be like in 20 years honestly. I will be in my prime then. BUt i can tell you this much, crnas will have a lot more power then they do now.. so if you want something that you enjoy go into anesthesia but i can tell you that their are crna encroaching on the territory of the anesthesiologist.. I have to go watch entourage now

If you were really an anesthesia attending, you would know that the ASA has nothing to do with board certification, examination, fees etc. Even most CA I's can differenetiate between the professional and accredidation entities in anesthesiology. (ASA vs ABA)

Do some more research before you start lying and embrassing yourself.

GPACfan said:
Sorry but this guy is not an attending. Look at this post earlier from the Pre-Allo. He "says" he just finished residency but I think he has never been in medical school.

More information has come out about Justin as Medikit points out here. This is Justin's long history of lies.

I'm out of touch with the internet for a week and I miss all this!!! :eek: Dammit!

A bit off topic but since we are policing the forum, what is with some of the ads that are on here? Are they randomly generated from some off-the-wall ad agency? It says ads by Google but really....

The one on top of the thread:
"Want to improve your GPA? Hypnosis will increase performance. Take the hypnosis challenge today! www.myacademiczone.com."

Some poor pre-med is going to try this and spend the rest of their life barking like a chicken or something!

cloud9 said:
I'm out of touch with the internet for a week and I miss all this!!! :eek: Dammit!

A bit off topic but since we are policing the forum, what is with some of the ads that are on here? Are they randomly generated from some off-the-wall ad agency? It says ads by Google but really....

The one on top of the thread:
"Want to improve your GPA? Hypnosis will increase performance. Take the hypnosis challenge today! www.myacademiczone.com."

Some poor pre-med is going to try this and spend the rest of their life barking like a chicken or something!

My McAfee security system doesnt let any of that crap close to my computer. :D