Angle ranking strategy!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grounddevil

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took the DAT and got 99 percentile for PA so I think I got this section down pretty good. I think a lot of people have problems doing angle ranking because they are nearly impossible but here's the strategy I used.

Most choices are given like this
A. 1>2>3>4
B. 1>2>4>3
C. 2>1>3>4
D. 2>1>4>3

So all you need to do is decide between 2 and 1 and then decide between 3 and 4.

Say we decided 2 is bigger than 1 we can narrow the choices down to A and B then you don't even need to worry about comparing 2 and 1 to 3 and 4. You just need to compare 3 to 4 and if 3 is bigger than you know it's B.

Now on to how to compare angles. Most look just look and gawk but I use a more hands on method. I use my fingers to cover the two angles i'm trying to compare leaving only the corner exposed and it's a lot easier to tell which angle is smaller. Somethings the smaller angle will curve a little bit due to the pixel resolution.

Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

The strategy is to cover the majority just leaving a tiny portion uncovered. So even if the angle has shorter lines you will cover all but just a small portion of the angle.

i actually figured out both these strategies on my own and have been using them for a while and i still epically suck at angles lol..

also, this technique is very hard when comparing an angle with one horizontal or vertical line with another angle with two diagonal lines.