ANKI Epic card of the day

Started by esob
Tags Tags
anki
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

esob

Article 14
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Post your most effective learning card of the daily grind here. Ideally, let us know what deck it came from and why you think it is such an awesome card. It can be funny or serious or anything in between, please just ensure that it remains within the scope of our TOS.
 
epic.1.png


OK, oncologists gonna hate, but whatever 😀

- This card is a classic epic for me b/c it allows me to make two connections different types of connections with a fact. This is something I try to do with most of the concepts I have in my decks. The first is the actual "pathology to presentation," which, in this case, is the MOA for hemolysis causing a rise in UNCONJUGATED bilirubin. The second is that it has a memory trick to build a secondary association just in case I actually forget the MOA in the middle of my 8-hr step exam and need to be able to draw from pure familiarity. "Heme Uncology" sounds to me similar to "Heme Oncology" so in case I forget what is actually happening, I'll still remember which type of bilirubin is associated w/ hemolysis.

BTW, that middle field is a custom field that I add to all of my cards called "memory," which is where I put the memory hooks for the topic, so for almost every card that I answer, I am usually recalling two facts, the hook and the MOA.