ANKI on iPad?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ladysmanfelpz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
A little off topic, but thought I'd receive the best responses here.

So I downloaded the anki app for ipad but am having trouble getting the cards on the app. My buddy sent me a slide deck and it is in a .apkg file format. I tried loading that to my google drive and to then import into the anki app. This is how I have uploaded many files, but am having no luck with this. Is this is the wrong file format?

Please any advice on how to upload would be great as its a great slide deck.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Are you importing the decks on your computer, then having trouble with them appearing on your ipad? The file format is correct.

Are you using ankiweb? Can't you just add it to your profile on your pc, then sync it onto your mobile device?

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a much easier time using my computer and syncing

No I was just trying to import directly into my ipad. I only have an apple air laptop for computing power. Are you saying download it to that and then import over to ipad?

No I was just trying to import directly into my ipad. I only have an apple air laptop for computing power. Are you saying download it to that and then import over to ipad?
Download and import on laptop. Sync, then sync on ipad. Voila

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry super noob here. So then what program do I use to open the file and to sync? I'm using my google drive to download the file, but do I need to DL Anki on my laptop to open the file? Then sync via iTunes?

Sorry I just never synced my air to the ipad cuz it has such small storage space, so just transfering things via the cloud that I want to share between the two.

Okay, ignore my last question. I DL'ed the anki app for my laptop and imported the deck into there. It appears that it will sync decks via the cloud to my ipad and iphone. So now can someone help me with the account creation on this badboy? I don't remember setting one up when I downloaded the app a few weeks ago. Does it use your itunes ID or can you use any email such as school email?

So didn't exactly read all your comments above, but here is how you do it.

1. Download the .apkg file onto your laptop/cp and load it onto anki by double clicking the file
2. After it is loaded, make sure the cards you want to do are unsuspended and ready to go
3. Go here and set up an ankiweb id Account Login - AnkiWeb
4. In anki, go to Tools->Preferences->there should be a button to attach your ankiweb ID
5. After everything is loaded, your ankiweb id is attached to your anki
6. Press the sync button on the top right corner
6. Download/pay the anki app on your ipad/phone and then link the same ankiweb id to your anki app on the device
7. Press the "sync" button on the bottom right corner
8. your cards will be ready.

The anki app on devices are limited, so you can't really import/export cards well, change card settings/steps, etc.

Hope that helps