ANKI vs QUIZLET. Final battle. Who wins?

Which software is better for sustained and accurate learning?

• Anki

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • Quizlet

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watchfulwaiting1957

Bible Scholar
Reaction score
I prefer Anki on the desktop as it is much much faster than using Quizlet in the Chrome browser. Quizlet is nice because oh how portable it is, being able to use it on your phone and tablet. Quizlet is newer but Anki is tried and true. I love that you can search other users decks on Quizlet (this is also dangerous as many users don't have the same accuracy as me creating cards in their deck) but Anki will always have my heart.

Which is better?

Members don't see this ad.

Anki has an excellent iphone app (and probably android too). There is also an addon to create anki decks from quizlet quizzes.

Reactions: 1 user
Anki has an excellent iphone app (and probably android too). There is also an addon to create anki decks from quizlet quizzes.
I tried the phone app on Anki and was not impressed. The quizlet app runs circles around it in terms of functionality.
An addon to convert anki decks to quizlet? This is unneeded friend. Simple convert your deck to .csv (comma separated values) and you can import it into both. You should be creating your decks in Excel or Google sheets then exporting to .csv then importing to your preferred software. This is the fastest way to do it. You can create a deck very fast in a spreadsheet!

Members don't see this ad :)
The thing that makes Anki so great is it is open source and infinitely customizable to what you need/want. I don’t have to pay extra for spaced repetition like you do with quizlet. That’s really the most important feature with flash cards anyway

Reactions: 3 users
You can search shared decks on the ankiweb site as well. And what could you possibly need from the anki app besides being able to do the cards? The only thing you can’t do is create certain types of cards, but those would be much easier to create on a computer anyway.

You own your deck on Anki. I don't trust pure cloud solutions. Quizlet may one day just disappear who knows. But Anki decks are synced to your device so you control the data.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users