Annotating First Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BillrothI

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everybody,

Quick question:

When learning new material in lecture, how do you know what is important for annotation into FA and what can safely be ignored?

For example, we just learned that MBL deficiency is the most common complement deficiency. However, it is not included in the "Complement Disorders" chart in FA. Is this something to consider adding or is it safe to assume that it's just not that important?

Thanks!

-Bill

Members don't see this ad.

Each person does it differently. But I found most of my annotations from class didn't help at all during my dedicated.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting extra info in. The only thing that did help somewhat was annotating in explanations to connect the concepts and info. that were already in first aid. Like drawing out the calcitriol synthesis pathway, and where vitamin D is involved in that pathway to make sense of the effects of vitamin D deficiency listed in first aid.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey Everybody,

Quick question:

When learning new material in lecture, how do you know what is important for annotation into FA and what can safely be ignored?

For example, we just learned that MBL deficiency is the most common complement deficiency. However, it is not included in the "Complement Disorders" chart in FA. Is this something to consider adding or is it safe to assume that it's just not that important?

Thanks!

-Bill

I would only annotate uworld in during the first pass. Then during the dedicated, I would refrain from annotating and just reading

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I would strongly suggest you don't annotate stuff from class into FA.

Reactions: 2 users