Another answerless quiz

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Never noticed the practice test on the ABP website, of course its lame virtual microscopy and I cant seem to move around easy enough to diagnosis crap.

Is the first case metastatic lobular carcinoma (ans: metastatic mammary carcinoma)?

Last case (#3) myelolipoma?

Cant see crap on no2 though.

http://www.abpath.org/VMInstr.htm

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I don't think I'd be able to recognize the most blatant Melanoma using that worthless "Virtual Microscopy" thingy on their website. Don't know if they honestly think it's helpful...

I can see on this board you can get more responses with toliet humor than actual pathology cases......

:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
LADoc00 said:
I can see on this board you can get more responses with toliet humor than actual pathology cases......

poopants. pooped 'em.

LADoc00 said:

Responses are worth what you paid for them ;)

What's with the frenzy of online quizzes? Boards coming up or something?

deschutes said:
Responses are worth what you paid for them ;)

What's with the frenzy of online quizzes? Boards coming up or something?

Ive posted cases before, its called actually trying to bring professional decorum to this South Park, Eric Cartman-like atmosphere of the SDN.

And by the way, my avatar is officially a liger from now on.

LADoc00 said:
its called actually trying to bring professional decorum to this South Park, Eric Cartman-like atmosphere of the SDN.
The Cartmanesque atmosphere which you contribute to with much glee? :D You can't take it all back with a few choice pink-and-purples you know :p

LADoc00 said:
And by the way, my avatar is officially a liger from now on.
Consider a little work on the "li-" part of things. I think a Photoshop ruff is in order.

deschutes said:
The Cartmanesque atmosphere which you contribute to with much glee? :D You can't take it all back with a few choice pink-and-purples you know :p

Dammmiittt, those are my cheesy puffs kitty! :laugh:

Cant a guy reform and spread the good news of Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical Pathology text?

LADoc00 said:
Dammmiittt, those are my cheesy puffs kitty! :laugh:
Correction..."No kitty! It's my pot pie! ... No kitty! That's a bad kitty!"

deschutes said:
At no cost to yourself! Fiddlesticks!

Your reformation would involve winning jeff2005 over ;)

Jeff2005 is a girl...I can use my smoothe LA woman skillz on her!

Jeff2005 you are seriously hot, is that a thong youre wearing to sign out? Naughty you! :laugh:

CRAP this thread is completely derailed! :(

LADoc00 said:
Never noticed the practice test on the ABP website, of course its lame virtual microscopy and I cant seem to move around easy enough to diagnosis crap.

Is the first case metastatic lobular carcinoma (ans: metastatic mammary carcinoma)?

Last case (#3) myelolipoma?

Cant see crap on no2 though.

http://www.abpath.org/VMInstr.htm

Agree with metastatic breast carcinoma for the first one, but think the last case is an angiomyolipoma. Look at the pics on pg. 608 of Enzingers 4th ed. Agree with #2!

dpdoc said:
Agree with metastatic breast carcinoma for the first one, but think the last case is an angiomyolipoma. Look at the pics on pg. 608 of Enzingers 4th ed. Agree with #2!

Angiomyolipomas are fairly cellular arent they? In the PEComas family of tumors like a solitary fibrous tumor. To me at low power #3 looks like fat with extramedullary hematopoeisis aka myelolipoma, which are actually adrenal in origin.

You maybe right as my comp is freezing everytime I go past 5x

Angiomyolipoma
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=a...ebpathology.com/slides/slides/Kidney_AML2.jpg

Myelolipoma
http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=m...path.upmc.edu/cases/case165/images/micro1.jpg

On initial glance, I'm with LA on this one...I favor myelolipoma. I'm not seeing the smooth muscle component for an angiomyolipoma.

Doctor B. said:
On initial glance, I'm with LA on this one...I favor myelolipoma. I'm not seeing the smooth muscle component for an angiomyolipoma.

I may be wrong, but what I am interpreting as smooth muscle are the vaculoated cells around the vessels. Not very conspicuous in this lesion, I agree.

Also, I see quite a bit of hemorrage, but could not find any EMH on high power...