Jun 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Do sub college level classes count toward the AMCAS GPA? Years ago I took two math classes that were 082 and 092 level as review. Does course work below the 100 level count towards the AMCAS GPA in general? Also, does statistics taught by the psychology department count towards BCPM? I know there are like seven million questions like this but I have not been able to find an answer here or on the AMCAS site. Thanks for your comments.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
sub college classes or remedial classes are usually 0 credits at most schools, so I doubt it.

metalgirl14

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 18, 2009
WI
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Psych stats does count for BCPM but those math classes will not (if they were worth 0 credits).

Jun 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
Thank you both! I took the low level math classes at a cc and they were both worth 4 credits there. They did not transfer to the university as credit so I was guessing that they would not be considered in the AMCAS GPA. Thanks again.

Drrrrrr. Celty

Osteo Dullahan
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2009
Status
Medical Student
Thank you both! I took the low level math classes at a cc and they were both worth 4 credits there. They did not transfer to the university as credit so I was guessing that they would not be considered in the AMCAS GPA. Thanks again.
You can always try and put it on. Its just, usually remedial classes aren't credited classes.

Jun 15, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
I was actually hoping they would not be considered. They bring down my gpa a bit. I was back in Maryland recently visiting my sister. It is really beautiful back there. Thanks for your input.

mspeedwagon

7+ Year Member
Oct 20, 2009
Florida
Status
Medical Student
If they were credited they are going to count. I took one community college class in math at the lowest level as a refresher and learned that it would count toward my BPCM gpa.

I was actually hoping they would not be considered. They bring down my gpa a bit. I was back in Maryland recently visiting my sister. It is really beautiful back there. Thanks for your input.

P

psharma02

Yup, unfortunately..... regardless of whether they TRANSFER to a 4 year, they will be counted into your BCPM. If they were worth credit at the CC it counts, but if they were not worth credit at the CC, they don't count. Whether or not a 4-year gives you credit for it is irrelevant..

Source: I went ahead and called them and asked.