Another "is this clinical volunteering" question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

numbersloth

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have the opportunity to serve as a medical advocate for rape victims at a local hospital, essentially accompanying them throughout their hospital stay and serving as a liaison between doctors, law enforcement, and the rape crisis center. Does this count as clinical volunteering?

I already have direct hospital volunteer experience if that makes a difference.
 
I have the opportunity to serve as a medical advocate for rape victims at a local hospital, essentially accompanying them throughout their hospital stay and serving as a liaison between doctors, law enforcement, and the rape crisis center. Does this count as clinical volunteering?

I already have direct hospital volunteer experience if that makes a difference.
YES!!!!
 
They are in the hospital. They are wearing a plastic ID bracelet. Those might be your first two clues that they are patients. You are in close proximity to them, talking with them and comforting them. Maybe the person takes your hand for comfort during a painful procedure. Seems to meet my definition (see below).
 
I have the opportunity to serve as a medical advocate for rape victims at a local hospital, essentially accompanying them throughout their hospital stay and serving as a liaison between doctors, law enforcement, and the rape crisis center. Does this count as clinical volunteering?

I already have direct hospital volunteer experience if that makes a difference.
Yes by me, as well.