Another "is this clinical volunteering" question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

numbersloth

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to serve as a medical advocate for rape victims at a local hospital, essentially accompanying them throughout their hospital stay and serving as a liaison between doctors, law enforcement, and the rape crisis center. Does this count as clinical volunteering?

I already have direct hospital volunteer experience if that makes a difference.

Members don't see this ad.

I have the opportunity to serve as a medical advocate for rape victims at a local hospital, essentially accompanying them throughout their hospital stay and serving as a liaison between doctors, law enforcement, and the rape crisis center. Does this count as clinical volunteering?

YES!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
They are in the hospital. They are wearing a plastic ID bracelet. Those might be your first two clues that they are patients. You are in close proximity to them, talking with them and comforting them. Maybe the person takes your hand for comfort during a painful procedure. Seems to meet my definition (see below).

Yes by me, as well.