Another Letter of rec question.. HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snaangirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do i do the whole letter of rec thing is i have no service for it at my school? Do i put them all in a bundle and send it to adsas?? Do the writers send it to adsas? If i send them are they still considered confidential?
Can i send them in to adsas before i submit my application?
sorry for the 20 questions... im just lost!

thanks...
snaangirl

Members don't see this ad.

hey Snaangirl,

I believe on <a href="http://www.adea.org" target="_blank">www.adea.org</a> there are instructions for letters of recs. basically there are some "tags" that you can print off the site and have your recommenders attach them to your rec and send them directly to ADEA. Do not collect the letters and send them yourself since they must be totally confidential and sent directly from the recommender to AADSAS. About sending them before June first...i really don't know about that but I think you can since they will just keep them in a file until your stuff comes, but don't quote me on that...

Good luck,

DesiDentist

Snaangirl,

If your school does not have a Health Professions Committee to write you a composite letter of recommendation, yes, you'll have to obtain at least three from individual science professors and/or dentists and/or other people.

Here's my suggestion: ask and obtain your letters early and ask your letter writers that as soon as they're finished, have them give the letter to you in a "SEALED ENVELOPE" and "SIGNED across the SEAL". As long as the letters are sealed and autographed by your letter writers, AADSAS will accepted as confidential.

Reason why I suggest that you collect your letters when they are finished:

1) Your writer will tend to write them quicker when you ask them to give it to you when it's finished. In my experience, when I ask my writers to give it to me, they ask, "When do you need it by" and then I would inform them, "ASAP!"

2) If you collect all of your letters, you can then send them all in "WITH" your AADSAS application materials (Official transcripts, AADSAS signature form, etc.) This way, you'll know when you send it in to AADSAS and you wouldn't have to call your letter writers every week to remind them or ask them if they have sent it yet or not!

About the sending in your letters BEFORE your application, I believe that AADSAS will not accept that. AADSAS will not start a file for you until you submitted the "ELECTRONIC" portion of it, paid your AADSAS application fees, and the AADSAS signature/paper work to them. If you send in your letters of rec to them without starting a file, they WILL loose your letters and they will not care!!!

Collect your letters, ask your writers to personally hand it to you when they're finished with it and send all of them in to AADSAS together with all the other paper work stuff. Then on the same day, "click" SUBMIT in your AADSAS ELECTRONIC application if you want.

I hope I helped!

Again, DO NOT send in your letters if ADDSAS have not received your application fee and application stuff. :cool: