Another one of those "should i retake" threads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SamLebanon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I'm looking for advice regarding retakes for my DAT score. I prepared very well for my DAT and I'm not embarrassed by any of my scores except one specific section, biology. Here are my scores,

Bio 18
GChem 24
Ochem 23
PAT 23
QR 21
RC 21
TS 21
AA 21

When I took my dat, I had only take introductory biology 1 & 2. I took it at the beginning of my junior year and I learned much more about embryology and evolution much later in my education. I did my best I could on my biology section, but the score is bringing down my confidence. I'm currently applying to Dental school, and in the process of preparing my essays to apply when the cycle opens. My GPA is around a 3.95, and my sGPA is also around a 3.95. I have around 200 volunteer hrs as well as about 200 hrs shadowing and have been employed my entire undergraduate education. What do you guys think?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I'm looking for advice regarding retakes for my DAT score. I prepared very well for my DAT and I'm not embarrassed by any of my scores except one specific section, biology. Here are my scores,

Bio 18
GChem 24
Ochem 23
PAT 21
QR 21
RC 21

When I took my dat, I had only take introductory biology 1 & 2. I took it at the beginning of my junior year and I learned much more about embryology and evolution much later in my education. I did my best I could on my biology section, but the score is bringing down my confidence. I'm currently applying to Dental school, and in the process of preparing my essays to apply when the cycle opens. My GPA is around a 3.95, and my sGPA is also around a 3.95. I have around 200 volunteer hrs as well as about 200 hrs shadowing and have been employed my entire undergraduate education. What do you guys think?
Relax, and put the DAT exam in your rear view mirror..

Congratulations! Your scores and GPA will open the door to a lot of dental schools

Wishing you the best ...

Nancy

Reactions: 1 users

Bio 18
GChem 24
Ochem 23
PAT 21
QR 21
RC 21

absolutely do not retake you are good

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I edited my original post, because I made an error on one of my score and forgot to include my AA. Just FYI