Another school list - any suggestions? *GPA Reinvention*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi guys/gals,

I am finishing my primaries to reapply this cycle while I'm enrolled at Midwestern's 1 year Biomedical Science Master program. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments/suggestions of schools I should add/remove. Not looking to spend thousands of dollars on app's either :nailbiting: .Thanks!

- Illinois resident
- Undergrad: Loyola U Chicago (B.S. Psych) , cGPA 3.2, sGPA 2.95, MCAT 508 (126/125/128/129)
- TONS of EC's from Loyola (president/E-board positions)
- Lots of shadowing (one DO, few MD's)
- Int'l shadowing/volunteering
- Researched (650 Hours) during my gap year at Northwestern's Children's Hospital (Lurie's) + poster presentation
- Optometry Tech while in Undergrad and my gap year (>2000 hours)
- LORs (MD*, DO, Researcher*, 2 Science Prof from Undergrad) *very strong ones
- 2017-2018 DO Cycle, 2 II's at ACOM and LECOM-SH (Both waitlists). I applied to around 8 schools, but I think my science gpa killed me, as well as just luck.

MD Schools:
UIC
Rosiland
SIU
Rush
DO Schools:
CCOM/AZCOM (I get an interview at both if I meet GPA criteria for the M.A.)
LECOM
ACOM
PCOM
MSUCOM (thinking of removing because 85% are in-state)

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest applying broadly to DO schools and include all these:
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
BCOM
ICOM
UIWSOM
WCU-COM
LMU-DCOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
MU-COM
LUCOM
VCOM (all 3 schools)
PCOM Georgia and South Georgia
LECOM (all schools)

Reactions: 1 user
Well, your stats are not stellar so you don't have the luxury to apply to a few schools and know you'll get in. Apply very broadly, yes it will be expensive, but it will be worth it in the end once you are a doctor.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Double check the schools minimum sGPA requirements. Some want it over 3.0 as well. Dont want to waste your money applying somewhere to only be autofiltered out

Sent from my SM-G930P using SDN mobile

Hi guys/gals,

I am finishing my primaries to reapply this cycle while I'm enrolled at Midwestern's 1 year Biomedical Science Master program. I'm wondering if anyone has any comments/suggestions of schools I should add/remove. Not looking to spend thousands of dollars on app's either :nailbiting: .Thanks!

- Illinois resident
- Undergrad: Loyola U Chicago (B.S. Psych) , cGPA 3.2, sGPA 2.95, MCAT 508 (126/125/128/129)
- TONS of EC's from Loyola (president/E-board positions)
- Lots of shadowing (one DO, few MD's)
- Int'l shadowing/volunteering
- Researched (650 Hours) during my gap year at Northwestern's Children's Hospital (Lurie's) + poster presentation
- Optometry Tech while in Undergrad and my gap year (>2000 hours)
- LORs (MD*, DO, Researcher*, 2 Science Prof from Undergrad) *very strong ones
- 2017-2018 DO Cycle, 2 II's at ACOM and LECOM-SH (Both waitlists). I applied to around 8 schools, but I think my science gpa killed me, as well as just luck.

MD Schools:
UIC
Rosiland
SIU
Rush
DO Schools:
CCOM/AZCOM (I get an interview at both if I meet GPA criteria for the M.A.)
LECOM
ACOM
PCOM
MSUCOM (thinking of removing because 85% are in-state)
Don't waste $100 on the MSUCOM secondary. Not only is it mostly in-state, OOS admissions is more competitive and your GPA's are below our average and the MCAT is at it. Not to mention it's 90k/year for OOS. If it's the one place you're admitted to, you'll have to attend.

I wish I saw this 5 minutes ago...

For the DO schools I sent my application to
MarianCOM
CCOM/AZCOM
Pikeville
PCOMs
LibertyUCOM
AT-Still Kirksville
NYITCOM
ArkansasCOM
WCU-COM
ACOM
MSUCOM
LECOMs
UIWSOM
LMU-DCOM *In progress
DMU-COM *In progress
You could still choose not to submit the secondary (if you’ve only done the primary thus far). Not to discourage you, but coming here over any other DO school is not worth 2x+ the debt.

Hello,
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but I'm also applying to med school while beginning a masters in august (1yr). I just wanted to ask on how i'll put in my master's courses in AMCAS. I don't know yet what my schedule of classes will look like just a general sense of the "compulsory" courses for the program. What should I do? Please help. any suggestion will be helpful. And if you think its a stupid question - sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.