Another what are my chances/ question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sassmaster99

Reaction score
Alright here goes - thanks in advance for any advice!!

• Year in school: will be a senior at TX university

• Country/state of residence: Texas

• Schools to which you are applying: all the Texas MD schools (not sure if i shld apply to TCOM the DO school- if anyone has advice on whether i should or not i would greatly appreciate it; I'm REALLY confused on whether to apply to TCOM or not depending on my chances to the other 9 Texas MD schools)

• Cumulative GPA: 3.94 (TMDSAS)

• Science GPA: 3.94 (TMDSAS)

• MCAT Scores: 507 (128/125/127/127)

• Research – include any abstracts/posters/publications and how you were credited (eg. First author, senior author, etc -
worked at 2 separate labs (one linked to UTSW) and have a poster from one of them, one was a wet lab, lab im at now is a dry lab with more patient interaction and clinical research - have over 700+ hours for both combined

• Physician shadowing – include hours/specialties
Shadowed cardiologist and pedi cardiologist + ER doctors - over 300+ hours of shadowing - completed a clinical research project senior year of hs with the pedi cardiologist i still shadow

• Non-clinical volunteering
Volunteered at various shelters and orgs (Ronald McDonald, children's hospital) through UNICEF and in India in economically disadvantaged communities (i would say upwards of 200 hrs)

• Extracurricular activities
-Founded a fine arts org on campus that has grown

-officer for UNICEF (will continue this next yr)

-taught freshmen intro class with a professor junior year (will be doing that senior year)

-TA for Biochem 1 (will continue next sem)

-Teach Sunday school class for middle schoolers (also went on mission trip through my sunday school)

• Employment history
currently am employed by my university at the student success center

• Immediate family members in medicine? (y/n) - No

• Specialty of interest - Cardiology?

• Shadowing experience - LOTS (listed above)

• Graduate degrees - N/A im an undergrad

• Interest in rural health (y/n) - yes
I think i have a pretty good PS and LORs but am just wondering if I have a shot at texas MD schools with the MCAT score and whether I should apply to the one DO school even though I'd rather go to an MD school :( Sorry for this looong post! Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

You should receive several interviews from your Texas MD schools but apply to TCOM also as a "safety". The Texas schools like high GPA's.

Reactions: 1 user