-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any 27-29 MCAT with interviews????
Started by doctor_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Keep it up guys... I have been fortunate enough to receive IIs to nearly all schools that I submitted secondaries to (12 MD and 9 DO) and only 2 rejections. 7, 10, 10 MCAT, 3.79 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA, great ECs and LoRs. Don't let all of the hype get the better of you. It is possible with help from others and a lot of determination on your part. It seems to me many schools are actually following through with the holistic look they advertise. Good luck everyone!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Keep it up guys... I have been fortunate enough to receive IIs to nearly all schools that I submitted secondaries to (12 MD and 9 DO) and only 2 rejections. 7, 10, 10 MCAT, 3.79 cGPA, 3.9 sGPA, great ECs and LoRs. Don't let all of the hype get the better of you. It is possible with help from others and a lot of determination on your part. It seems to me many schools are actually following through with the holistic look they advertise. Good luck everyone!!
Congratulations! Please don't get offended because I'm just trying to gauge my chances, but are you an URM?
Congratulations! Please don't get offended because I'm just trying to gauge my chances, but are you an URM?
What makes you think wannabadoc2 is URM?...and why do you think your question might be offensive that you have to be very defensive?
Congratulations! Please don't get offended because I'm just trying to gauge my chances, but are you an URM?
What makes you think wannabadoc2 is URM?...and why do you think your question might be offensive that you have to be very defensive?
Congratulations! Please don't get offended because I'm just trying to gauge my chances, but are you an URM?
What makes you think wannabadoc2 is URM?...and why do you think your question might be offensive that you have to be very defensive?

Congratulations! Please don't get offended because I'm just trying to gauge my chances, but are you an URM?
No offense taken. I'm a disadvantaged applicant (come from a family that heavily depended on assistance) and am a non-trad. with excellent life experiences and pretty solid medical experiences. I think the main successes have been in "branding" myself through my applications and researching schools that would value my experiences / brand and being selective in where I apply.
No offense taken. I'm a disadvantaged applicant (come from a family that heavily depended on assistance) and am a non-trad. with excellent life experiences and pretty solid medical experiences. I think the main successes have been in "branding" myself through my applications and researching schools that would value my experiences / brand and being selective in where I apply.
Thank you for the reply! That gives me a lot of hope since we are both from similar backgrounds and have below average MCAT scores.
29/3.6s/3.7c - First DO II earlier this week but no MDs yet
I was completed for a buncha MD schools in mid-august but it has been silent since. should I be concerned?
We're in the same boat with similar stats. I'm guessing you're not URM?
I wasn't going to bring my hopes up for MD, but I still applied to ~12 schools in my range. An ii or two would be cool, but unlikely I think.
.
Last edited:
29/3.6s/3.7c - First DO II earlier this week but no MDs yet
I was completed for a buncha MD schools in mid-august but it has been silent since. should I be concerned?
We're in the same boat with similar stats. I'm guessing you're not URM?
I wasn't going to bring my hopes up for MD, but I still applied to ~12 schools in my range. An ii or two would be cool, but unlikely I think.
M
MrWonderful
We're in the same boat with similar stats. I'm guessing you're not URM?
I wasn't going to bring my hopes up for MD, but I still applied to ~12 schools in my range. An ii or two would be cool, but unlikely I think.
Dont worry guys. Im 3.5/27 and have 4 ii already (2 MD and 2 DO). Im non URM 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dont worry guys. Im 3.5/27 and have 4 ii already (2 MD and 2 DO). Im non URM 🙂
Thanks Mr. Wonderful, you give me hope! Do you mind me asking when you were completed for most schools? Just wanna gauge where my standing is right now.
M
MrWonderful
Thanks Mr. Wonderful, you give me hope! Do you mind me asking when you were completed for most schools? Just wanna gauge where my standing is right now.
I was completed very early. I tried to get every secondary turned around in 1-2 days. I had most schools done by July and early August for the late schools that hadnt sent out secondaries yet
Dont worry guys. Im 3.5/27 and have 4 ii already (2 MD and 2 DO). Im non URM 🙂
That's good to hear. Congrats to you!
That's good to hear. Congrats to you!
+1
29 MCAT, GPA 3.2-3.4, 5 MD interview invites and 3 DO IIs with 1 DO acceptance, non-URM (Columbian, which is a non-URM hispanic in MD apps).
Anything is possible guys 👍
Last edited:
+1
29 MCAT, GPA 3.2-3.4, 5 MD interview invites and 3 DO IIs with 1 DO acceptance, non-URM (Columbian, which is a non-URM hispanic in MD apps).
Anything is possible guys 👍
Which schools did you get interviewed at? Do you have crazy extracurricular?
27 mcat. Accepted early decision in-state MD.
Last edited:
27 mcat. Accepted early decision in-state MD.
Congrats!!!!
Which schools did you get interviewed at? Do you have crazy extracurricular?
Prefer not to say schools until the end of the cycle. Mix of Low tier and mid-low tier.
As for ECs, they're not necessarily crazy, but helped in a big way I'm sure. I also applied to ~30 schools.
Dont worry guys. Im 3.5/27 and have 4 ii already (2 MD and 2 DO). Im non URM 🙂
Wow, that's amazing!! Congratulations! I guess there really is some hope!
M
MrWonderful
Wow, that's amazing!! Congratulations! I guess there really is some hope!
Ive said it a million times: show each school that youre a good fit for them and numbers only mean so much
2 MD interview invites 1.5 months ago, absolutely nothing since. I wonder if this is all I'm going to get?
M
MrWonderful
2 MD interview invites 1.5 months ago, absolutely nothing since. I wonder if this is all I'm going to get?
I bet you get a few more come January
I bet you get a few more come January
Interviewing for waitlist positions, if that.

lol, little ole me still only has one II, even after ~2 months since being completed at most of them :3. Those with 1+ are my heroes 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread is much more encouraging compared to the rest of SDN. 27 MCAT and 3.8 GPA hoping to get an MD interview. Hopefully I applied to some schools who are willing to look past the numbers! Anyone get asked in their interview about their lower MCAT score?
2 ii's so far: 1 DO, 1 MD, and I consider my stats pretty cruddy compared to most of you!
c3.45, s3.55 and 25 MCAT (6p/10v/9b).
And I should mention I'm not URM or considered "disadvantaged". Nontraditional with significant "life experiences", and a solid 1.5 years working in the ER. BUT....no research what-so-ever.
There IS hope 😉
c3.45, s3.55 and 25 MCAT (6p/10v/9b).
And I should mention I'm not URM or considered "disadvantaged". Nontraditional with significant "life experiences", and a solid 1.5 years working in the ER. BUT....no research what-so-ever.
There IS hope 😉
29 here. I have received 2 IIs so far, both in the past 5 days with one from my IS school. For one of them, I haven't submitted my secondary yet...so I'm hoping that's a pretty good sign!![]()
WAT. You got an interview without a secondary? What the hell, tell me your secrets!
3.7/29, 1 DO interview and no others 🙁
WAT. You got an interview without a secondary? What the hell, tell me your secrets!
3.7/29, 1 DO interview and no others 🙁
I have a 3.8/29 and I had 9 DO interview invites out of 15 DO applications. I'm not a URM, not disadvantaged, and I have crappy extracurricular activities even by real world, non-SDN standards. Hang in there.
27 MCAT with 7 MD II
sit tight friends!
Can you share all your stats? ECs, uGPA, gGPA? I'm impressed and curious what makes you stand out!
3.0/29
Engineering Degree, Non-trad, 3.6 Science/pre-requisites
Ridiculous ECs
Interviewed/accepted at Allopathic
Engineering Degree, Non-trad, 3.6 Science/pre-requisites
Ridiculous ECs
Interviewed/accepted at Allopathic
Received my first acceptance today!!! So happy! I am going to be a Doctor!
congrats!!! did most of you guys complete your secondaries early? I'm just now getting secondaries in so I'm still a little nervous 🙁 i have very broad ECs and lots of clinical experience so I'm a little hopeful
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
congrats!!! did most of you guys complete your secondaries early? I'm just now getting secondaries in so I'm still a little nervous 🙁 i have very broad ECs and lots of clinical experience so I'm a little hopeful
Yeah I was complete at MD schools at the end of July/early August and I was complete at DO schools by September. My acceptance was from a DO and I am non-URM.
Good luck!
27 MCAT (8 VR, 9 BS, 10 PS)
URM
3.8 CGPA
3.72 SGPA
3 MD Interview Invites, 1 rejection, still waiting to hear from 4 schools.
There is hope. Keep your head up ppl.
URM
3.8 CGPA
3.72 SGPA
3 MD Interview Invites, 1 rejection, still waiting to hear from 4 schools.
There is hope. Keep your head up ppl.
27 MCAT in at Australian MD, there is hope if you're willing to cross the pacific
4.0 s+c GPA, 28 MCAT.. do i have a chance of getting an interview??
Absolutely.
Congrats to all those accepted.
3.64 cGPA 3.82 sGPA, 28 MCAT
Received my retake back today and received a 28 (8PS/10VR/10BS) which while not phenomenal it is significantly better then my first score of 25 (6PS/10VR/10BS).
I am still a little nervous about how this cycle will go, My applications will now come off hold for review. So I am very hopeful that I get some interviews, this thread has certainly given me hope that it may be possible! Just nervous about how late it is for schools to start reviewing my application
Received my retake back today and received a 28 (8PS/10VR/10BS) which while not phenomenal it is significantly better then my first score of 25 (6PS/10VR/10BS).
I am still a little nervous about how this cycle will go, My applications will now come off hold for review. So I am very hopeful that I get some interviews, this thread has certainly given me hope that it may be possible! Just nervous about how late it is for schools to start reviewing my application
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 408
- Locked
- Replies
- 10
- Views
- 4K
