Any acceptance from UTAustin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Genuine said:
Yeah it hurts my ego... but there are people who must have interviewed better than me at UT... and fit better in UT.

I belong at UH :)

I'd like to give my sincerest condolences...to the UT COP. :mad: Someone in UT admissions really dropped the ball on this one. And so it looks like the University of Houston is getting one of the sharpest, classiest, funniest young pharmacists on the market.

Enjoy Houston, Genuine! :cool: I'm sure they'll enjoy having you.

Members don't see this ad.

hey everyone,
it is officially may 22nd and for those of you who are also anxiously waiting like me, i just wanted to tell you that I am praying for all of us...and im also praying that if there really are 100 of us being reviewed tomorrow there are also 100 seats remaining...wouldn't that make ours and UT COP's life a lot easier now? Good luck to all of you and for those of you who didn't get in and don't have a backup, being a reapplicant, all I can say is call them, find out why they didnt take you and apply again, and I promise you that next year will go by a lot faster than you expect and you will be waiting to hear good news from ut sooner than you think!!

It's D-DAY! :eek: DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN! Hahahaha. I'll be praying for everyone as well. I hope we all look like this :D very soon and not like this :( so that we can all finally :sleep: and have a fun and relaxing summer looking like this :cool: .

Members don't see this ad :)
PharmEm said:
It's D-DAY! :eek: DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN! Hahahaha. I'll be praying for everyone as well. I hope we all look like this :D very soon and not like this :( so that we can all finally :sleep: and have a fun and relaxing summer looking like this :cool: .

I wholeheartedly second this. God bless everyone with their pharm choices. I am thinking of you all still waiting and those of you who know too!

Amith, any news from UF yet?

sweetmurphy said:
I was wondering if anyone knew if UT has a waitlist? If they do, I'm guessing they don't put too many people on there? :rolleyes:

The worry is so killing me :( :( Hope we all hear some good news.... :luck:

Me too, I wonder if they reviewed me already. I'll be thinking about this at work all day today.

PharmEm said:
Me too, I wonder if they reviewed me already. I'll be thinking about this at work all day today.

Hey everybody,
Are we supposed to get the admission from the main campus before the UT pharmacy school? Is it like a precursor sign, b'cuz I havent heard back from them either......:(

that1guy said:
I'd like to give my sincerest condolences...to the UT COP. :mad: Someone in UT admissions really dropped the ball on this one. And so it looks like the University of Houston is getting one of the sharpest, classiest, funniest young pharmacists on the market.

Enjoy Houston, Genuine! :cool: I'm sure they'll enjoy having you.

Awwww --- You are sooo sweet. Thank You :)

Even though I was a lil bummed, I'm still super excited to start school at UH... I thihk it'll be a good experience for me... TMC is exciting :)

Only sad thing is to not be able to be classmates with great folks as you! :(

But I know our paths will cross again. :)

Good Luck!!!

glitterstar said:
Hey everybody,
Are we supposed to get the admission from the main campus before the UT pharmacy school? Is it like a precursor sign, b'cuz I havent heard back from them either......:(

I haven't either and I was wondering the same thing. Good luck to everyone!!!!!

No, I think the acceptance from the MAIN UT school is totally separate from being accepted to the pharmacy school. Although, I'm assuming if you get accepted into the pharmacy school then you'll be accepted into the MAIN school as well.

PharmEm said:
No, I think the acceptance from the MAIN UT school is totally separate from being accepted to the pharmacy school. Although, I'm assuming if you get accepted into the pharmacy school then you'll be accepted into the MAIN school as well.

Hey pharmEm, I havent still sent them my Spring grades. Wat do you think, should I send them the Main admissions? They have a deadline, of june 15th or something.....I am just waiting on pharm School

glitterstar said:
Hey pharmEm, I havent still sent them my Spring grades. Wat do you think, should I send them the Main admissions? They have a deadline, of june 15th or something.....I am just waiting on pharm School

Hey glitterstar,
I think you should send in your grades as soon as possible because in the past they have sent letters saying that they are going to evaluate you after your grades are sent in. I am thinking you'd have to send it to the pharm school and not the main admissions, because the main admissions I think is just a formality really. I am not sure though, good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
sweetmurphy said:
Hey glitterstar,
I think you should send in your grades as soon as possible because in the past they have sent letters saying that they are going to evaluate you after your grades are sent in. I am thinking you'd have to send it to the pharm school and not the main admissions, because the main admissions I think is just a formality really. I am not sure though, good luck!!

Hi sweetmurphy,
as you know the pharmacy school doesnt even look at ur grades until they are sent in by the main admissions, if youare a transfer student. I do want to send them, but I am just waiting, b'cuz they have send emails to people for the Spring grades, only when they see that their performance in school is not great. That is what I am assuming from my observations. I dont know though, and again, I will be sending them in 1 week, b'cuz the decision will be made soon....

Hey Glitterstar,
You should send in your Spring grades. I talked to Dr. Wilcox and he told me to send them to the Main office AND to the Pharmacy School.

PharmEm said:
Hey Glitterstar,
You should send in your Spring grades. I talked to Dr. Wilcox and he told me to send them to the Main office AND to the Pharmacy School.

Hey pharmem,
can I call u, can u PM me your phone no.

I faxed my Spring grade unofficial printout to Ann Spencer at the Pharm school and then sent my official transcript to the UT main offices. I am wondering if I should have sent official to the Pharm school as well. I guess I'll call Dr. Wilcox at the end of the week.

RachGator said:
I faxed my Spring grade unofficial printout to Ann Spencer at the Pharm school and then sent my official transcript to the UT main offices. I am wondering if I should have sent official to the Pharm school as well. I guess I'll call Dr. Wilcox at the end of the week.

The email from Ann Spencer regarding spring grades said that we just have to email them our grades in a certain format. It also said that if you get accepted then you have to send an official transcript by August 25th. It didn't really mention anything about sending it to UT Main or UT Pharm, however. For now, though, all we had to do was email them our grades---nothing official from our university was required.

Should those of us who haven't heard anything yet still send in our spring transcripts?

starsweet said:
Should those of us who haven't heard anything yet still send in our spring transcripts?

Well since they haven't really asked you for it I'm not sure. Anyway their meeting was yesterday so I'm not sure if you send in your transcript now whether it will impact their decision or not. I guess your best bet is to email Dr. Wilcox and ask him.

pharmD131 said:
The email from Ann Spencer regarding spring grades said that we just have to email them our grades in a certain format. It also said that if you get accepted then you have to send an official transcript by August 25th. It didn't really mention anything about sending it to UT Main or UT Pharm, however. For now, though, all we had to do was email them our grades---nothing official from our university was required.

Did Ann Spencer send you an e-mail or did you ask her?

I didn't get one of those "Spring grades email" from UT like LNCS did but I went ahead and emailed Dr.Wilcox and Ann Spencer to ask them where I needed to send my Spring transcripts and they told me to send them to the Main UT admissions office and Pharmacy school.
Since I knew they were meeting for the last time on May 22nd that's the reason why I wanted to send in my Spring grades so that they can have it while they review me again, hopefully it helped rather than hurt. A part of me thinks that they are making decisions based on Spring grades and how good they are (A's and B's), but another part of me thinks that they are basing their decision on whether we just passed the class or not. All I know is that I want IN and the wait is draining me, hahaha. Hopefully that clears up some stuff about the Spring grades situation.

Actually I forgot to mention this before, but I only took 1 class this quarter and it was Anatomy & Physiology II which UT doesn't require, so I guess I don't need to send it?

well, i've heard nothing about sending in transcripts again...so...I'm pretty confused...
Anyhow, I'll just pray and hang on tight :)

good luck to all.

sy329 said:
well, i've heard nothing about sending in transcripts again...so...I'm pretty confused...
Anyhow, I'll just pray and hang on tight :)

good luck to all.

dont worry, u dont need to send the transcripts if not asked. I am not sending mine until friday, just hang in there and good luck... :luck:

I don't know about you guys, but I have a feeling that we'll be hearing from UT tommorow (05/24).

mbc230 said:
Did Ann Spencer send you an e-mail or did you ask her?

I got the same spring grades email that LNCS did and thats what it said. I also hope and pray that we hear back tomorrow....that would be sooooooo awesome!!!!!!!! :D The worrying is really killing me......I cant :sleep: All I do is lay in bed and worry :scared:. Well, good luck to everyone and hope we all hear back ASAP so we can finally start enjoying the summer!!!

pharmD131 said:
I got the same spring grades email that LNCS did and thats what it said. I also hope and pray that we hear back tomorrow....that would be sooooooo awesome!!!!!!!! :D The worrying is really killing me......I cant :sleep: All I do is lay in bed and worry :scared:. Well, good luck to everyone and hope we all hear back ASAP so we can finally start enjoying the summer!!!

Trust me I know!! I've been getting into fights with my parents and boyfriend because I've been in such a bad mood..... I just can't stand not knowing. I just want to find out!! I really hope all of us get in and find out soon so we can relax. I just graduated with my BS and I don't feel like I can celebrate yet!! Good luck everyone!!!! :love:

just checked my UT austin undergrad admissions page and i have been rejected..... :( oh well...i was still fortunate enough to get accepted to TTU and UH...good luck to all

Jtac,
Did it say you've been rejected to the College of Pharmacy or to the MAIN UT. I think they're really independent of each other and I would email Dr.Wilcox and ask him if being rejected to the MAIN UT also deny your chance into the pharm school b/c I don't think it does, not really sure though.

it has to be. how could i get into UT pharm and not UT undergrad. this is just what i think happens...i think that when the pharmacy school has a group of people they are going to accept, they will let the undergrad know who these people are. the undergrad will then accept those people to allow them into the UT system, which allows them to be accepted to UT parmacy. what good would it do if ut undergrad accepted people but they didnt get into pharmacy....i mean we did all apply to ut undergad as pre-pharm majors...what do yall think?

I just remember one of the UTpharm students that come on here saying they're independent of each other so I just took it as one doesn't effect the other.

jtac said:
it has to be. how could i get into UT pharm and not UT undergrad. this is just what i think happens...i think that when the pharmacy school has a group of people they are going to accept, they will let the undergrad know who these people are. the undergrad will then accept those people to allow them into the UT system, which allows them to be accepted to UT parmacy. what good would it do if ut undergrad accepted people but they didnt get into pharmacy....i mean we did all apply to ut undergad as pre-pharm majors...what do yall think?

U would prob want to contact Dr. Wilcox... Even though an acceptance to UT Main at this point might be a very good indication that you got into their Pharm school, it still is not a 100% proof.

Maybe the deadline for UT Main acceptance has passed, so they sent out the rejection. If UT pharm accepts you --- then they will change their status.

Good Luck!!! I hope u do get in. Where do u prefer to go?

Genuine said:
U would prob want to contact Dr. Wilcox... Even though an acceptance to UT Main at this point might be a very good indication that you got into their Pharm school, it still is not a 100% proof.

Maybe the deadline for UT Main acceptance has passed, so they sent out the rejection. If UT pharm accepts you --- then they will change their status.

Good Luck!!! I hope u do get in. Where do u prefer to go?

Mine says accepted to College of Pharmacy at UT MAin page, it is asking me for an enrollment deposit to pay. I am still waiting from the pharm school. I needed to ask, if anyone else was asked a 200 dollar deposit, when they were accepted at Main-pre-pharmacy,Natural Science?
Please let me know. thanks.

im going to TTU whether i get in or not

sweetmurphy said:
Hey Glitterstar,
Mine says accepted too at the UT Main page, but it doesn't ask for any enrollment deposit? It may be b/c I just graduated from UT last May... ?

Hey sweetmurphy,
Accepted to College of Pharmacy or Pre-pharmacy-College of Natural Science? Ya, I am from UT Dallas so maybe that is the case? Please let me know, thanks in advance.

glitterstar said:
Hey sweetmurphy,
Accepted to College of Pharmacy or Pre-pharmacy-College of Natural Science? Ya, I am from UT Dallas so maybe that is the case? Please let me know, thanks in advance.

ohh it says accepted to the main UT campus :p I'd be jumping up and down if it was the pharm school :)

sweetmurphy said:
ohh it says accepted to the main UT campus :p I'd be jumping up and down if it was the pharm school :)

lolz, that is why i am jumping, but i dont know whether I should be too excited, Mine says College of Pharmacy-First choice, doesnt say pre-pharmacy-natural science. I selected pre-pharmacy-natural science, when I applied.

I didnt get accepted to the College of Natural Science, but got my second-choice instead. Does that rule me out of acceptance from the COP? Either way, I'm going to Texas A&M.

For this entire time that Ive been keeping up with these posts: I think acceptance to UT Main is a big sign of getting in. I know both the processes are completely independent of each other, but with it being this late in the process --- I really do think that anyone that recently had a change in their status on UT Main page to accepted is prob. pretty much in!

Advanced Congratulations ;)

Good Luck.. just a few more days of waiting :) :luck:

Genuine said:
For this entire time that Ive been keeping up with these posts: I think acceptance to UT Main is a big sign of getting in. I know both the processes are completely independent of each other, but with it being this late in the process --- I really do think that anyone that recently had a change in their status on UT Main page to accepted is prob. pretty much in!

Advanced Congratulations ;)

Good Luck.. just a few more days of waiting :) :luck:

I GOT IN, oh MY GOD, I GOT In

glitterstar said:
I GOT IN, oh MY GOD, I GOT In

Congrats! :thumbup:
Did u just get an e-mail?