ANY ADCOMS member please respond..i need your imput pleeze

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DR. EUGENIC

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i was looking at the jefferson medical college secondary about URM.......

just wondering what is the differencees between:

mexican american----

hispanic-----

mexican, chicano----

other hispanic---

im not sure in which one i fit......my family....spain-->mexico--> USA

Members don't see this ad.

Eugenic-

This is the third thread you've started on this with the same question. Another already still going here in Pre-Allopathic (in which someone answered your question and you've thanked them for it) and another in Allopathic.

Double posting is bad.

Triple posting is obnoxious, especially when folks are already helping you on another.

What are you looking for?

notdeadyet said:
Eugenic-

This is the third thread you've started on this with the same question. Another already still going here in Pre-Allopathic (in which someone answered your question and you've thanked them for it) and another in Allopathic.

Double posting is bad.

Triple posting is obnoxious, especially when folks are already helping you on another.

What are you looking for?

FIRST off i dont remember asking you for your opinion on whether i posted too many on this subject......it is becasue of people like you who write nonsense....that i need to repost.....so take a look in the mirror before you point the finger at someone else............and no i dont have my ansewer....they said they are unsure....so im asking someon from adcoms....who surely will know better than a premed-----"open up your eyes" :sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
DR. EUGENIC said:
FIRST off i dont remember asking you for your opinion on whether i posted too many on this subject......
Cross posting is not permitted on SDN. Your posts are identical. Since you're new I wasn't sure if you were familiar with SDN policies.

DR. EUGENIC said:
it is becasue of people like you who write nonsense....that i need to repost.....

Nonsense? Uh..... here's your reply to the last post on the other thread you opened:

DR. EUGENIC said:
thank you so much you just made my day :D
Doesn't sound like you thought it was nonsense there.

No need for the rage, Eugenic. Just clueing you in about SDN's policy for cross posting. Best of luck.

notdeadyet said:
Cross posting is not permitted on SDN. Your posts are identical. Since you're new I wasn't sure if you were familiar with SDN policies.

Nonsense? Uh..... here's your reply to the last post on the other thread you opened:

Doesn't sound like you thought it was nonsense there.

No need for the rage, Eugenic. Just clueing you in about SDN's policy for cross posting. Best of luck.

IM NOT RAGING....its just irritating that no one answers the question... :mad:

DR. EUGENIC said:
im not sure in which one i fit......my family....spain-->mexico--> USA
I won't go into what the definitions mean, as folks on the last thread defined each one pretty nicely. To answer your specific status:

If I understand you correctly, you are an American whose family came from Mexico whose ancestors are traced back to Spain, correct? I'm assuming that your folks are not Spanish who immigrated to Mexico.

For Jefferson, for Question 11 (Racial/Ethnic Self Description), they have the following options that could apply to you:

Hispanic
Mexican American
Mexican, Mex. American, Chicano

This question is optional and is probably just for statistic purposes. It's messy anyway because the second is a subgroup of the third which is a subgroup of the first. Personally, I'd go with the second, unless you were born in Mexico, in which case you could go with the third.

For Question 13 (URM Ethnicicty), your relevant options are:

Hispanic
Mexican American

Since your family is from Mexico, I'd go with the second since it's more specific. Hope this helps.

Cross posting is NOT allowed. Therefore I am closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.