Any advice before I start residency?

Started by pharmdsf
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharmdsf

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll be starting soon and would appreciate any advice from current or former residents. I'm nervous because I worked in retail for 4 years and feel a bit rusty.

Any advice on what I should review? On getting through the year?
 
The OP has already worked in retail for 4 years, so comfortable shoes is probably not the issue here.
 
Good luck! I was a PGY1 resident from 2006-2007 and now I work as an Internal Medicine clinical specialist. Everyone will tell you that the time flies, even though you may not realize it at first. The first few months were very rough for me, it was difficult transitioning from student into pharmacist, but things got better around Midyear. My advice is: be a sponge and soak up as much as you can and try to enjoy yourself! You will not regret doing a residency!