Any advice for a 4 years BPharm(2005) = a Foreign Pharmacy Graduate???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THE SIMPLE GUY

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone and all US and Foreign Students,

Please help and guide me if you can!

I am a Foregn Pharmacy graduate with 4 years BPharm degree program.
I did graduate in June-2005 from India.

What about FPGEE.....NAPLEX ....1500 hours.....etc?
Do I need to go to school in US to be equivalent with 5 yrs PharmD degree?

Any suggestion for joining .any Internet school.or any University which does accept FPGs..as Non-Traditional BS Pharmcy students.

Your help will be greaty appreciated. Please share

Regards to all.
The simple guy.

Members don't see this ad.

THE SIMPLE GUY said:

Any suggestion for joining .any Internet school.or any University which does accept FPGs..as Non-Traditional BS Pharmcy students.

Regards to all.
The simple guy.

Hi, buddy,

I am in the same situation as you. I heard that you need to register as a licensed pharmacist in your own country and then, take FPEGG, after 1500 hours internship, you will be a licensed pharmacist in America.

By the way, what do you do now? I am a graduate student of physics, like you, I also hold a BPharm Degree in my country.

What do you say? Let's keep touch.

I know that there are definitely International PharmD programs and some are 2.5 years, specifically for foreign graduates holding a bachelor's degree.

Check out http://pharmacy.nova.edu on the website and look under prospective students and then International Program. They have a 2.5 year program. I know that there is also one at University of Florida as well.

The problem is that in most foreign countries, and I know in China for sure, that it is not a "doctorate" of pharmacy but a bachelor of pharmacy, like it was in the U.S. four or more years ago.

So I am not sure if you could just take the FPGEE or not, since the U.S. is on the "doctorate" system.

I know that Nova's program is specifically for this purpose and I am sure that there are many others.

The bad news is: that the same tuition is charged as a PHarmD student, and the 2.5 years is just as expensive as 2.5 years of a PharmD curriculum.

But check it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Caverject for your web site info.It is helpful. Keep informing us as you do.

Thank you firework for your reply.

Thank you cdpiano 27 for yr info.It is helpful and keep informing us if you can.

Any one knows about....the programs @

1.Creighton,Nebraska
2.Uni of Florida
3.Midwestern Uni,Chicago
4.Ohio State Uni

the simple guy

I know a lot about the University of Florida. My aunt works as a pharmacist and her boss at Walgreens in South Florida graduated from UF. He always told me that the PharmD there is very tough but one of the best programs that you could go to.

I am not quite sure if they an international pharmacy program. They have many students from Germany and Thailand, but I do not see why they would not take an Indian or Chinese student especially if they are very good. I think the number of German students are due to the fact that they have a distinguished professor of pharmaceutics, Dr. Hartmut Dettendorf, who brings in students from Germany into the PhD program. However, I know that these international students are in their PhD program, rather than the PharmD

UF has a terrific program both in research and in reputation, and I would highly recommend them. They have more resources than Nova. Although Nova is on the rise, they will be adding a PhD program in pharmaceutics very soon as well.

However, I am not sure the way it works and the details are not on their website. But just go to www.cop.ufl.edu and call the office of student affairs
(352) 273-6217.
I assume that all of you are interested in PharmD programs and not PhD programs in pharmaceutics or med chem.

hello everyone,

I have completed my undergraduation B.Pharmacy in INDIA.I have applied to NSU's INTERNATIONAL PharmD program and recently got acceptance letter.

I dont much about the program and wonder what are the chances after 2.5 yrs.I am in doubt whether I could practice pharmacy in US or not,b'coz UF(University of Florida) clearly stated that those who did international pharmd with them cannot practice pharmacy in US.

Also i got one more proble guys,i have applied to NSU with my undergrad GPA and got accepted.But they want me to submit the transcripts of all schools (within 90 days of registration)i have attened before entering their school.Will my Grad GPA effect my admission?

Guyz...pls help me with this.

THANXSSSSSSS TO ALL IN ADVANCE..........

hi rajesh,
i am ninji form india and got my b.pharm degree in 2005, now i also want to apply directly to us for same pharma course as you have applied please guide me about that and after getting admission , is it possible that consulate people wil give visa to go to us for becoming registered pharmacist of us. please reply me on my email : [email protected]

thanking you
ninji.

i hav called up Nova they said we r eligible for the NAPLEX
i am a 4th yr bpharm student in hyd...

i am a permannet residentof the USA but doin uner graduation here...

and Pharm D inlt program at Nova is what i hav my eyes on

i am also a pharmacy graduate from india and want to do pharm-d in usa.
i want to know are there any other colleges like nova which have international pharm-d programme.
thank u
u can also e-mail me at
[email protected]

i also hold a b-pharm degree from pakistan...i m looking forward to get admitted in us pharmacy school.i have heard of international pharm D program of 2.5 yrs duration at nova southeastern uni ...are there any pharmacy schools offering similar kind of degree.......plz let me know bcz i need to apply for the fall2007.....
my gpa is 3.28 and i have already worked as an intern for a yr at a well reputed hospital at karachi.....
what r my chances
waiting for reply
can also contact me at [email protected]
thanks

sttttttt7

hello,
i have completed my B.pharmacy in august,2007 in india and now staying in usa.now i m looking forward to do my higher studies in usa.can u please tell me in detail about pharm.D course,institution,documents required for admission and is there online studies for pharm.D?my GPA value is 3.9.
thanks and regards,
sona

Hi there. I just got admission into the B-Pharm course in Hyd, India and i've heard that in order to work in the US i need to have completed a pharm D course. I know that i need to complete that in 2.5 years in a university there. I am a us citizen...and u all say that i need to comlete some exam, and im kind of confused. can anyone break it down into simple steps.. after i graduate from b-pharm in india.. what exactly do i need to do in order to be officially licensed to work in the US?
i need all the help i can get!
thanks a lot!

Last edited:
hi, i am indian pharmacist and applied in usa nova college pharm.d programm how can i accepted in this programm. is it depend on toefl and gpa?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Everyone,
Let me answer some of ur questions. I am also an international pharmacist graduated after 2003. rightnow i am a fourth year Pharm.D student at Western University of health sciences.,pomona,ca which has the international pharmD program for the students like us.
Please check this website: www.westernu.edu
and one clarification, after you get admissionin any pharmacy school (whether from western, nova or south dakota or maryland) you will get the equivalent Pharm.D degree as of 4 year Pharm.D.
you will be eligible to give NAPLEX and law exam to get licence. (no need to give FPGEE and TSE)
Once you graduate from the school with Pharm.D degree and if you are here on student visa (F1) then you need to convert your visa from F1 to H1 B (employment visa) and all the major retail chain pharmacies do that so dont worry about that.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone,
do any of the schools which offer an international pharmacy graduate a Pharm D have joint programs for MBA or PhDs? Thanks

Hi Everyone,
Let me answer some of ur questions. I am also an international pharmacist graduated after 2003. rightnow i am a fourth year Pharm.D student at Western University of health sciences.,pomona,ca which has the international pharmD program for the students like us.
Please check this website: www.westernu.edu
and one clarification, after you get admissionin any pharmacy school (whether from western, nova or south dakota or maryland) you will get the equivalent Pharm.D degree as of 4 year Pharm.D.
you will be eligible to give NAPLEX and law exam to get licence. (no need to give FPGEE and TSE)
Once you graduate from the school with Pharm.D degree and if you are here on student visa (F1) then you need to convert your visa from F1 to H1 B (employment visa) and all the major retail chain pharmacies do that so dont worry about that.

If you are a citizen of US you dont need to give FPGEE.

I am a student of pharmacy from India as well and I graduated in 2007.

Can you list some of the universities that offer Int'l pharm D program.
i know of Nova and Western U...

dpp

Regards to all.
The simple guy.

If you are a citizen of US you dont need to give FPGEE.

I am a student of pharmacy from India as well and I graduated in 2007.

Can you list some of the universities that offer Int'l pharm D program.
i know of Nova and Western U...

dpp
hi,
i m also frm india i ll be graduating in june09.
i have a valid visa to study in us.
i m presently in irving, texas 75062.

is there any colege which offers 2.5yrs acclerated pharm. d course in dallas area?
what is last date to apply ?

thanks.

hello y'all,i'm also a b.pharm graduate from india but i'm nw in the US,i ws looking into both pharm.d and MS in pharmaceutical science,could u guys tell me which one would be a better choice and wht r the future prospects of each?!

Hello Everyone:
I hold a degree of 6 years of pharmacy school in Peru , I live in Utah , US citizen , have been working as a chemist for a company , the pay wasnt good so I decide to transfer my degree here. I dont kbow where to start? Do I need to take the FPEE or look for a 2.5 year international program schools . Please need advice , I am willing to relocate to another state to get to work as a pharmacist , for many years I thought this was impossible to do it...I found thithis forum by accident. Here I am open to any advise . Thank you guys ♥

Since you have a six year international degree, you will have to take FPGEE. Depending on your situation, you may or may not have to take TOEFL. Most pharmacies do not want to deal with international grads, anymore. You have a leg up because you are a citizen. You will have to contact NABP to start the registration process for FPGEE.

Since you have a six year international degree, you will have to take FPGEE. Depending on your situation, you may or may not have to take TOEFL. Most pharmacies do not want to deal with international grads, anymore. You have a leg up because you are a citizen. You will have to contact NABP to start the registration process for FPGEE.

Regards to all.
The simple guy.
Hiiii i m recently came from india i have d.pharm(2years) b.pharm(3years) and m.pharm degree in india and i want to become pharmacists in USA now what i do , d.pharm degree year Can count in b.pharm degree ???for making 5 years degree course For naplex exam

Hi, I have 4years of B.Pharmacy from India and Masters in Neuroscience from Netherland. I am a green card holder in US. I want to pursue PharmD in US. I heard that I have to give PCAT for getting admission to PharmD. So, I would like to know the steps of exams and total duration for getting admission for PharmD program. I would appreciate if anyone could recommend me the best PharmD universities in US and the entire time, cost and examination that I need to give for admission at PharmD program.Any advice would be appreciated.