Any advice to someone with no interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nightman

Fighter of the Dayman
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I applied on August 24th to 6 schools, got secondaries back from a couple of them and sent those in by mid-september...but now it is December 2nd and still I have not gotten ONE interview request from any of the schools...and hearing about everyone else getting accepted right now is really bumming me out. How long does it take to get an interview if it's going to happen? I know I applied late, but it's been almost 3 months with no word besides "we are reviewing your app, it is in the application pool, blah blah blah". What's going on? I have decent stats, I thought that it would at least be worth ONE interview...

Can anyone help me who's had similar experiences or knows about these things?

Members don't see this ad.

Maybe if you tell us your stats we could help gauge the situation a little better..include your GPA, DAT scores (attempts), pre req comoplete in procesS? Which schools you applied etc..

E

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The only problem I see is the Sci Gpa...your DAT looks pretty Good, AA score is awesome. U have shadowing and research. I think you may have a shot with schools like Temple, NYU (maybe) You applied Aug 24th, so that could be a problem too..a little too late? This year the pool of applicants was super competitive.

I have similiar stats and NO interviews. I really want to get in this cycle. I applied at the end of july. This is so depressing but a lot of people have said that the big schools do a lot of interviews post dec. Two of my friends got into dental school last year and didn't hear until Jan. so I'm trying not to panic until Feb. 1st.

Good luck!

Your problem is your school selection. You applied to some really difficult schools to get into without researching how many out of staters they take or what kind of stats you need to have a fair shot. For example, UWash has limited seats for OOS and is extremely competitive. You should have applied to 10-15 and included private schools with larger class sizes. Next cycle, apply EARLY and to more schools. And do your research on which ones you have the best chance at given your lower science gpa and average cum gpa. Dats look good.

Yeah, I know I probably should have tried some easier schools as a fallback; If I have to do it again next year I will be WAY more prepared...UW was probably a bad idea on my part, they only take like 5 OOS people a year.

Good luck to you too mckenna, thanks for the encouragement. I suppose I might just be a little too impatient, haha. Hopefully we both get in somewhere!

i had similar stats and rejected for 3 yrs
the stat is decent but not guarantee
if you plan reapplying already then plan to take classes
and dat too because you might waste your time
Dont just seat there and worry be active and try to make your app better next time in case you dont get in

So I applied on August 24th to 6 schools, got secondaries back from a couple of them and sent those in by mid-september...but now it is December 2nd and still I have not gotten ONE interview request from any of the schools...and hearing about everyone else getting accepted right now is really bumming me out. How long does it take to get an interview if it's going to happen? I know I applied late, but it's been almost 3 months with no word besides "we are reviewing your app, it is in the application pool, blah blah blah". What's going on? I have decent stats, I thought that it would at least be worth ONE interview...

Can anyone help me who's had similar experiences or knows about these things?
I HAD interviews and still no acceptances (no rejections either). Interviews do not guarantee you a spot. I think they accept a lot of people throughout the spring since the best of the applicant pool get into multiple schools and give up their spots...