Any at Okla State Univ in Tulsa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc-lisa

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to start taking my pre-req's at TCC this Fall and I am a bit nervous about all the science course I have to take. I know medicine is a science, but coming from a journalist and teaching background I am a bit leary, but I know it's duable.

I am looking for students at OSUCollege of Medince to give me some helpful hits of classes I should take in addition to the basic pre-req's that will help me do better on the MCAT and also impress the folks at OSU

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I noticed no one has replied to your post.

I just wanted to let you know that you're not the only Okie out there--although I'm not at OSU-COM yet, that's where I would like to go.

Good luck!

wow, more fellow Okies on this board than what I thought. :D :cool: :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I started talking to OSU-COM before I even started undergrad and let them know my intentions, asking for any advice. I periodically visited the school during undergrad and got to know that admissions people pretty well. I think that helped tremendously when I applied. Yes, I was accepted, but turned them down later. See my other posts for the full story.

Thanks for posting....It's good to know there are some okies out there.

Lisa

Hey Lisa,
I'm starting my second year at OSU-COM in August. The best advice I could give from personal experience is to take a cadaver anatomy class. You may even be able to take it here; I think the dental hygienists from TCC take theirs here. My undergrad didn't have cadavers so I audited a cadaver anatomy class at OSU in OKC after I graduated and it helped me a ton. You could take biochem and histology but they will reteach it to you their way here. It wouldn't hurt to be familiar with biochem and histo though.

As far taking classes to impress the adcom, I doubt if you could take much else to impress them. There is a vet, a couple of pharmacists, and other previous professionals in my class (as in every class) so you'd have to top that. The required prereqs for medical school should suffice for MCAT preparation. I would highly recommend Kaplan or some other MCAT prep course though.

If you have any other ?s, e-mail me. I'd be glad to help.

Dr. B
[email protected]

Hiyas. Nice to see someone talking about OSU-COM for a change :) I'm also going to be a second year this fall, and I agree with Dr. B. Take an anatomy course of some sort, get the pre-reqs outta the way, and shadow an alumn of the school. Not much else that I can think of off the top of my head..

take it easy

homonculus

I really appreciate all the great advice. I am begining my first set of classes this month. I just enrolled into cellular bio and an algebra class.

I wish I had the confidence to undergo this new venture. I was a journalist and last year a biligual teacher, and I never received as much support as I have here on the Student Doctor Network. What a great concept! With company like this, I will be glad to call myself-DOCTOR!