Any Bahama-like Dental School?

Started by D.D.S.
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D.D.S.

..Hopefully..
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, I've heard that the med school in the Bahamas do not value MCAT scores as much as other schools do. Are there any dental schools that do this? 😀
 
I'm not sure about that. Puerto Rico is affiliated with the US dental schools and last year had a pretty low DAT average (16). Then again, the average GPA was up near a 3.5. I don't think they are as easy to get into as say Caribbean vet schools.
 
Lots of dental schools don't value the MCAT a whole lot.

Look up DAT averages...the ones with low scores don't value it soo much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The Puerto Rico thing sounds interesting, but can you go to dental school there and still be considered a domestic dentist (e.g., can practice here with no legal hold-ups)? I know that Rico's a U.S. territory and all that, but I wanted to make sure...
 
The Puerto Rico thing sounds interesting, but can you go to dental school there and still be considered a domestic dentist (e.g., can practice here with no legal hold-ups)? I know that Rico's a U.S. territory and all that, but I wanted to make sure...

UPR dental is an accredited dental school (its not analagous to the non-accredited caribbean med schools), so yea its just like any US dental school in that respect.