Any chance?

Started by eballz
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eballz

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just took the oat and the score was not very impressive.

QR 370
Physics 310
Reading 350
Biology 310
Chem 310
O-Chem 290


TS 300
AA 330


My gpa is not overly impressive, it's a 3.1

I have two questions.

1) Do I have a chance for any american schools?

2) If I retake the oat, do the schools take the average of two scores? or do they take the highest score?

Thanks peps!
 
hi there. i think you do have a chance. your OAT score looks decent - right around the national average. your GPA is a bit lower, but if you have good EC's and experience, you will be offered an interview for sure. have you applied yet? it is a bit late now in the cycle, but you never know. if you retake the OAT, i think they take the higher score (but they will take into consideration that you took it twice). apply and find out! otherwise you'll never know.

good luck. 👍

eballz said:
I just took the oat and the score was not very impressive.

QR 370
Physics 310
Reading 350
Biology 310
Chem 310
O-Chem 290


TS 300
AA 330


My gpa is not overly impressive, it's a 3.1

I have two questions.

1) Do I have a chance for any american schools?

2) If I retake the oat, do the schools take the average of two scores? or do they take the highest score?

Thanks peps!
 
ariel winter said:
hi there. i think you do have a chance. your OAT score looks decent - right around the national average. your GPA is a bit lower, but if you have good EC's and experience, you will be offered an interview for sure. have you applied yet? it is a bit late now in the cycle, but you never know. if you retake the OAT, i think they take the higher score (but they will take into consideration that you took it twice). apply and find out! otherwise you'll never know.

good luck. 👍

Thanks for your advice!