Any differences in Navy vs. Air Force

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont want to hijack the thread or anything like that, but I am applying for the AF and was curious about something. According to my recruiter, pharmacists are usually in CONUS for the first 3 years, are they still deployable during that time?
I wouldnt mind it of course, but just curious.

Also interested in seeing how people perceive military service in terms of CVs, etc these days like the question above.
Yes, they are deployable. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just found this post and I was wondering if you could explain the 'bootcamp' that pharmacist have to go through if they join the military? Is it the same thing as office candidate school? I'm going to graduate from pharmacy school in two years and am considering the military, but I'm intimidated by bootcamp (I looked at going to one of the academies and spent a week there for their summer camp when I was in high school).

Members don't see this ad :)
I can only speak for the AF. You do not go through a rigorous boot camp. It is a three week training program called COT. You live out of a hotel and people come and make your bed for you. They will yell at you a little bit, and make you work out, but that is about it. It is nothing compared to basic training. Anyone can do it. It is simply to get you to understand the history and daily life in the AF.

Just found this post and I was wondering if you could explain the 'bootcamp' that pharmacist have to go through if they join the military? Is it the same thing as office candidate school? I'm going to graduate from pharmacy school in two years and am considering the military, but I'm intimidated by bootcamp (I looked at going to one of the academies and spent a week there for their summer camp when I was in high school).

Officer Candidate School is something entirely different. As a pharmacist, you will never go thru OCS. You will have to go thru a basic training from the branch you decide to join, but it's relatively easy. There will be no one screaming or degrading you. It's kind of like going to summer camp.

Officer Candidate School is something entirely different. As a pharmacist, you will never go thru OCS. You will have to go thru a basic training from the branch you decide to join, but it's relatively easy. There will be no one screaming or degrading you. It's kind of like going to summer camp.

agree!

Can someone provide, in their opinion, a list of pros an cons of joining the AF vs the Navy vs the army? I am considering becoming an officer and pharmacist through the military and trying to decide which would be the best branch for me. Currently, I am a 3rd year pharmacy student. Thank you!

One - each of us only has experience as a health professional in one branch.

Two - What may be a pro to me may be a con to you.

Not to be rude...but do your own research and come to your own conclusions.