Any experiences with sending LOR's later in app cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Necr0sis713

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just realized that the deadline for LOR's via AMCAS are much later than the submission date for primary apps (May). Does that mean I could essentially send in an application and have a LOR or two be considered "pending" while the school reviews my app?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm pretty sure that at least some schools won't consider your application "complete" until they've received at least whatever their minimum number of required LORs is. And some schools won't review your application until it's complete. So yes, you can definitely submit AMCAS without your LORs. But some schools may not even look at your application until they receive them.

I had one LOR come in about 2 weeks later than all the others. None of the schools considered my application complete until all my letters were in.

Members don't see this ad :)
It should not matter since most schools will say they won't even take a look at your apps until it is "complete" (including letters). Getting everything done earlier is never a bad thing ;)

It should not matter since most schools will say they won't even take a look at your apps until it is "complete" (including letters). Getting everything done earlier is never a bad thing ;)

Can you upload a LOR to an app that is already submitted?