Any forensic psychiatrists out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaylov

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What made you choose forensics? What is your career/residency like?

Members don't see this ad.

zaylov said:
What made you choose forensics? What is your career/residency like?

I am not a psychiatrist, i am a third year medical student likely going in to psych. I did work with a psychiatrist that is boarded in Forensics, Addiction, and Geriatric Psych and he does a ton of forensic work. He mainly does a lot of arbitrations for lwa suits related to pain v. malingering and competency. He also has a private practice. He has the most interesting job I have seen in medicine.
Hope that helps a little :)

I have my eye on this thread. I am interested in Forensic Psych, I am starting my Psych residency this summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am forensically trained in psych. A big part of the job entails determining competency to stand trial and criminal responsibility. I am also called as an expert witness to many trials. Any psychiatric provider can work in a jail.

Ignore the troll, she is an NP who has been going around this forum marketing herself as a Psychiatrist. Now she's a forensic psychiatrist too? god help us all.

Reactions: 4 users
Ignore the troll, she is an NP who has been going around this forum marketing herself as a Psychiatrist. Now she's a forensic psychiatrist too? god help us all.
I went creeping on Facebook and her page literally says that she studied clinical psychiatry. Blew my mind.

Is it appropriate to piggyback on the 12 year old thread and ask for an answer to OP’s question? :laugh:

I went creeping on Facebook and her page literally says that she studied clinical psychiatry. Blew my mind.

Is it appropriate to piggyback on the 12 year old thread and ask for an answer to OP’s question? :laugh:

Share the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.