Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Any Freemasons?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by pharm B, Dec 9, 2008.

1. pharm B

pharm B Phar Noir
    Staff Member Administrator Rocket Scientist Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm a Senior DeMolay and just petitioned to the local lodge to become a Mason. I was curious as to whether any other non-trads were Masons. I'd like to be really active as long as I can be, though I assume during med school, it will go back burner.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. audqyee

7+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    GOD!! I thought I'm the only one here. I'm still a DeMolay, not senior mind you, I'm still 18 years old, but I'm currently doing my pre-med in a non-trad way. I'm doing Nursing at some local college in Arizona and I'm in my second year. I'm planning in doing my Pre-Med prerequisites at the same time I'm doing my Nursing core classes.

Oh btw, my DeMolay membership is originally from the Philippines, and my father was a PDDGM (Past District Deputy Grand Master) and a 32 KCCH. I'm also pretty sure there are a lot of (Filipino) Freemasons who are Medical Doctors in all 50 states.

Have you already applied to Med-School? I'm also assuming you're already a Freemason right?

4. pharm B

pharm B Phar Noir
    Staff Member Administrator Rocket Scientist Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Good to meet you! No, I can't apply to med school yet. I finished up my six years in the Navy and I'm now doing my science pre-req's. I plan on applying in Spring of 2010.

Not a mason, yet! Should be putting on EA in January, and (if I can memorize fast enough) get through MM soon enough to go into Scottish Rite later in the year.