Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Any Freemasons?

Discussion in 'Nontraditional Students' started by pharm B, Dec 9, 2008.

1. pharm B

pharm B Phar Noir
    Staff Member Administrator Rocket Scientist Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I'm a Senior DeMolay and just petitioned to the local lodge to become a Mason. I was curious as to whether any other non-trads were Masons. I'd like to be really active as long as I can be, though I assume during med school, it will go back burner.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. audqyee

7+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    GOD!! I thought I'm the only one here. I'm still a DeMolay, not senior mind you, I'm still 18 years old, but I'm currently doing my pre-med in a non-trad way. I'm doing Nursing at some local college in Arizona and I'm in my second year. I'm planning in doing my Pre-Med prerequisites at the same time I'm doing my Nursing core classes.

Oh btw, my DeMolay membership is originally from the Philippines, and my father was a PDDGM (Past District Deputy Grand Master) and a 32 KCCH. I'm also pretty sure there are a lot of (Filipino) Freemasons who are Medical Doctors in all 50 states.

Have you already applied to Med-School? I'm also assuming you're already a Freemason right?

3. pharm B

pharm B Phar Noir
    Staff Member Administrator Rocket Scientist Pharmacist Lifetime Donor Verified Account 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Good to meet you! No, I can't apply to med school yet. I finished up my six years in the Navy and I'm now doing my science pre-req's. I plan on applying in Spring of 2010.

Not a mason, yet! Should be putting on EA in January, and (if I can memorize fast enough) get through MM soon enough to go into Scottish Rite later in the year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...