Any good books (social psych PhD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psychology10530

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, I'm looking into buying a graduate school guide to social psych PhD programs (that give you average GRE, GPA scores and things of that nature) Does anybody have any suggestions? I received about a 1200 (710 on math) and received around a 3.3 gpa during my undergrad so I won't have many options in terms of where to go I'm assuming. Any help would be greatly appreciated (whether you have a suggestion or you know of a book that would help me with this information)

Members don't see this ad.

I used insiders guide 2011, if I recall correctly I remember that they divided the programs in terms of clinical, counseling, experimental, etc in the back of the book. Not sure if they are able to provide stats too all other programs that aren't counseling and clinical, but you can definitely check it out. You can also look at APA divisions to see which schools are oriented in the Social Psychology area and "shop around" schools (go to their departments websites they usually have stats and outcomes there). Other than that, you can also check out some of the stats they post on Grad Cafe for Social Psy programs, although I don't think it's a highly reliable source per say, you can somewhat get an idea.