pezzang

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I have done EK lectures + 1001 but I feel like I need some overview of bio like how different cellular system work together and the overall relations of different things I learned from EK. Are there any review books that you recommend? I could use my old bio textbook but they are really big and lots of them are not tested on MCAT. So I would really appreciate if you can give me suggestions as to which books have MCAT-related overview review... Thanks alot! :D :thumbup:

OP
pezzang

pezzang

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Please?????!?!!???!,,,,, :(

xylem29

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status
Dental Student
pezzang said:
Please?????!?!!???!,,,,, :(
Yes, if you want more MCAT related bio stuff, and questions - try the TPR BS review book and the TPR science workbook.

OP
pezzang

pezzang

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
Thank you, Are they better in terms of overview of cellular structure? How is it diffreent from Kaplan?

xylem29

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2005
Status
Dental Student
pezzang said:
Thank you, Are they better in terms of overview of cellular structure? How is it diffreent from Kaplan?
Better? I don't know if it's better but I'm sure that it is a tad bit more in depth than EK - however, likely not b/c if by "Cellular Structure" you're talking about ER, nucleus, phospholipids, all the important organelles and what they do..cytoskelton stuff...they review it. They ask questions that highlight some concepts that you might not have thought about when reading the material...that's about it, this section was still short so if you want more then an actual textbook is what you'll need...i don't know any mcat book goes into too much with cellular structure stuff.

OP
pezzang

pezzang

10+ Year Member
May 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
xylem29 said:
Better? I don't know if it's better but I'm sure that it is a tad bit more in depth than EK - however, likely not b/c if by "Cellular Structure" you're talking about ER, nucleus, phospholipids, all the important organelles and what they do..cytoskelton stuff...they review it. They ask questions that highlight some concepts that you might not have thought about when reading the material...that's about it, this section was still short so if you want more then an actual textbook is what you'll need...i don't know any mcat book goes into too much with cellular structure stuff.
Is the TPR workbook the exclusive book for those who take TPR course or is it the normal book we can get from Borders? How different are they? Thanks :)

Ebete

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 7, 2004
Status
TPR workbook is only for class paying people, or do what I did...buy it on ebay! Your other choice (one that I'll also be doing for more detail) is looking up the specific subjects tested on the MCAT (from their web site) and look it up in your textbooks. Good luck!