ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED! What should I do with low Step scores applying to FM residencies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My step 2 was much higher, but I got a 211 on step 1 and had no issues at all.

There are tons of programs in this region, you’ll match as a USMD.

Reactions: 1 users
You may be in the bottom 25% of applicants (by STEP score), but if you look at the NRMP stats, you have a >90% chance of matching in Family Medicine. Once you have matched no one will care what your STEP scores were.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you have a major red flag you will be fine. I am a USMD, had a very similar step 1 (although step 2 score was approx at the median), applied to 20-25 programs, got offered interviews at all but a few of them, and matched at my top choice.
I'm just worried that my Step 2 score will hurt me. How important is step 2 score to FM residencies?

I'm just worried that my Step 2 score will hurt me. How important is step 2 score to FM residencies?
What ive come to understand is that they care a lot more that you passed.

Reactions: 2 users
You didn’t specify (or I didn’t see after reading your post 2X) what specialty. Assuming it’s family or IM you should be able match regionally anywhere maybe not Hopkins but there are plenty of solid programs. If you have other stuff like research, volunteering or you come off as a nice person you for sure won’t have issues.

Reactions: 1 users
You didn’t specify (or I didn’t see after reading your post 2X) what specialty. Assuming it’s family or IM you should be able match regionally anywhere maybe not Hopkins but there are plenty of solid programs. If you have other stuff like research, volunteering or you come off as a nice person you for sure won’t have issues.
Post title says FM

Reactions: 1 user