Any housing suggestions in DC?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kalv273

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently a MS3
will be doing a pmnr elective in walter reed this summer.
It seems Mologne House is pretty packed due to the current conflict, and I'll have to get statement of non-availability. Does anyone have any suggestions about a nice place to stay for 3 weeks?
Also I'll probably leave from syracuse, or NYC, should I even bother driving down? or just fly? wondering if parking/traffic will be an issue

Your suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

kalv273 said:
Hi, I'm currently a MS3
will be doing a pmnr elective in walter reed this summer.
It seems Mologne House is pretty packed due to the current conflict, and I'll have to get statement of non-availability. Does anyone have any suggestions about a nice place to stay for 3 weeks?
Also I'll probably leave from syracuse, or NYC, should I even bother driving down? or just fly? wondering if parking/traffic will be an issue

Your suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

if you do it as an ADT you'll be reimbursed for driving, and if you aren't going to stay at the mologne house that's what i would recommend-- reason being there isn't a metro stop or hotel conveniently close to WRAMC. i would try calling the housing office at (202) 782-3119. they should be able to direct you to the nearest suitable place for housing.

Im not in the military and Im not sure how this works but alot of Army people live in this building which is right down the street about a mile from Walter Reed. Its nice its called the Blairs. BlairApartments.com

Members don't see this ad :)
Im not in the military and Im not sure how this works but alot of Army people live in this building which is right down the street about a mile from Walter Reed. Its nice its called the Blairs. BlairApartments.com

Not really sure if it would be safe to live a mile from Walter Reed.

Are there any websites that list sub-letting for one month around walter reed?

try Craiglist.com or washingtonpost.com

MD2B007 said:
try Craiglist.com

It's washingtondc.craigslist.org. Close though...

I found my roomies there and they're the bomb-diggity.