Any last-minute interview advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eschou01

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well, my first interview is next week, and needless to say, I kinda nervous, although I have been practicing "mock interviews" with friends this week and I think I'm reasonably prepared. Anyway,I was just wondering if anyone had any "last-minute" advice, either from personal or other experience. Any input at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, guys!

eschou01

Members don't see this ad.

congrats and good luck on your interview. make sure that you are familiar with issues going on in the field of dentistry like hmo's trying to control pateint care. also be careful of question like what will you do if don't get accepted into dental school? its nice to have a back up plan but you don't want it to look like your planning on not getting in. oh the be ready for the famous high suicide rate question what do you think is the reason for it and is going to prevent you from getting stressed out.
most importantly be confident and be yourself. once again good luck.

I didn't get any questions smilebright mentioned (except for what do I do to relieve stress), but they are good questions to prepare for. My interview questions were normally straight forward and expected, such as: why dentistry (always got this one), what do I think is my worst and best traits, and just really no-thinker questions (like how many siblings do I have).

To prepare for my interviews, I usually read pamphlets and booklets that the school sent me and my application essay. After several interviews though, you don't need to prepare as much because you get used to being interviewed. Good luck!

Thanks, guys! I really appreciate all the input!