Any medical students who applied to Loma Linda University school of Medicine and got accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

careers&such

Reaction score
What are your stats?
Are you also SDA?

Members don't see this ad.

No, none of the current students applied or were accepted.

But in all seriousness, quick Google search shows 3.83/510 average for most recent class

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
No, none of the current students applied or were accepted.

But in all seriousness, quick Google search shows 3.83/510 average for most recent class

Thank you, it also shows 176 students were accepted, do you know what the lowest GPA average could be if the average of 3.83 consisted of 176 students. Sorry I am not good with this kind of math! But my GPA is not 3.8 this is where I stay concerned.

When are you planning to apply? Have you taken the MCAT? What about the rest of your application? I'm sure Loma Linda would take someone below a 3.8 GPA if the rest of their application showed they were a good fit. Are you asking for the minimum GPA before they're automatically reject you?

I would recommend the MSAR, it gives you a lot of information on the stats of accepted students such as average GPA, 10% percentile GPA.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When are you planning to apply? Have you taken the MCAT? What about the rest of your application? I'm sure Loma Linda would take someone below a 3.8 GPA if the rest of their application showed they were a good fit. Are you asking for the minimum GPA before they're automatically reject you?

I would recommend the MSAR, it gives you a lot of information on the stats of accepted students such as average GPA, 10% percentile GPA.
Hello, so my situation is a little different, I graduated Loma Linda University School of Nursing, and work at LLU hospital, and am currently taking my pre-med courses and simultaneously working, prior to being a nurse, I worked at LLU SOM helping with case studies, I worked at LLU Children's hospital as a unit secretary, I worked in LLU human resource department, and I worked in the student nurse program at LLU for about 500 + hours of work during nursing school. Now I am a nurse, I am considering a career change. I was wondering what LLU looks at in terms of accepting their students to the medical school. Does my years and years of service suffice? I wonder how low my GPA would be for them to ignore me? Is cumulative GPA more looked at than science?
I have not taken my MCAT, but plan too, how long should I prep before doing so? What are good programs that really strongly prep for a high score?

Thank you for the website!

Hello, so my situation is a little different, I graduated Loma Linda University School of Nursing, and work at LLU hospital, and am currently taking my pre-med courses and simultaneously working, prior to being a nurse, I worked at LLU SOM helping with case studies, I worked at LLU Children's hospital as a unit secretary, I worked in LLU human resource department, and I worked in the student nurse program at LLU for about 500 + hours of work during nursing school. Now I am a nurse, I am considering a career change. I was wondering what LLU looks at in terms of accepting their students to the medical school. Does my years and years of service suffice? I wonder how low my GPA would be for them to ignore me? Is cumulative GPA more looked at than science?
I have not taken my MCAT, but plan too, how long should I prep before doing so? What are good programs that really strongly prep for a high score?

Thank you for the website!
You have significant ties to this school. Why not make an appointment with the Dean of the Med School and have a conversation. See what that person says. You’ll know if it’s an encouraging conversation and if you should move forward. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 users
You have significant ties to this school. Why not make an appointment with the Dean of the Med School and have a conversation. See what that person says. You’ll know if it’s an encouraging conversation and if you should move forward. Good luck.
I agree. You are there and have access to students and other admins. You may even have faculty mentors. Why not make some appointments and ask? Let us know what they told you.

Status
Not open for further replies.