Any Military Pods?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Catayst

Hardest working man in toe business
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if it would be worth it for me to spend a year in the military for every year they pay for pod school. Seems like a decent deal, I just don't care to be sent to the next crumhole we bomb.
Anybody in/been through the military as a DPM?

Members don't see this ad.

If you are looking for the health care scholarship that pays for school, DPMs are not eligible. But there are a few military men that post here at SDN

Great thanks doc, guess that's out of the question. And sorry for sounding like a jerk, I'm just grateful there's people that willingly risk their lives for us. That, and MCAT scores are out in 3 hours. I'll start praying in 2 :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Catayst said:
Great thanks doc, guess that's out of the question. And sorry for sounding like a jerk, I'm just grateful there's people that willingly risk their lives for us. That, and MCAT scores are out in 3 hours. I'll start praying in 2 :rolleyes:

Good luck and you are not a jerk, the military is the jerk. We've had this discussion in the past, I see it as there loss. :D

29Q heh, suppose that'll do

Hey I'm in Minnesota this summer but on the way back to Texas in August I think I might stop by DMU. Do they have a guide or should I just find some students there?

If you call or email Meghan Good, she can set up a visit. That way you get a free lunch and some nice flyers. If you can't get a hold of her (or don't want to) PM me and I'll be happy to show you around.

sounds Good haha so witty thx thx okay cool I'll send her an email. Man SDN is incredibly slow right now the MCAT bunch are freaks

Catayst said:
Just wondering if it would be worth it for me to spend a year in the military for every year they pay for pod school. Seems like a decent deal, I just don't care to be sent to the next crumhole we bomb.
Anybody in/been through the military as a DPM?

I was told by several people that the HSPS offered by the military is not available at the start of the first year but we may sign up for it the summer after 1st year. Can anyone confirm this?

AZPOD Rocks

AZPOD Rocks said:
I was told by several people that the HSPS offered by the military is not available at the start of the first year but we may sign up for it the summer after 1st year. Can anyone confirm this?

AZPOD Rocks

I have not heard this.