Any News From OHIO med schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luw

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone received an interview invitation from any of these schools this month?

Medical College of Ohio
OSU
U of Cincy
NEOUCOM

Thanks in advance for any info! - luw

Members don't see this ad.

One of my friends recently interviewed with NEOUCOM. However,whats up with the rest of the ohio schools!! I dont know anyone who has heard a peep out of MCO or Cincy after xmas break. I am still waiting to hear back from both of them.

OSU sent me an interview invite this week for next month! :) yay! i've totally been checking my email daily since september for that invite

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. I received an interview invite from OSU this week as well, but I am wondering whether I would be interviewing for the waitlist. Does anyone know?? Thanks.

Does OSU notify you by email of an interview invite? What kind of mcat score do you think someone needs to be interviewed at OSU? I've interviewed everywhere else in OH, but I still haven't heard from OSU grrrr!!!!

There's another thread somewhere that says OSU only invites those with at least 30MCAT and 3.5 GPA before Jan. Now that it is January, maybe they are inviting those that don't meet that cut off???? I dunno.

Congrats to those who have OSU interviews!!!

I guess it would be helpful to know how these Ohio schools inform you of an interview. So if anyone knows, please post it here.

I received all my Ohio interview invites through snail mail (OSU, Cinci, MCO, and Case).

Not sure if this is how it is done for everyone.

Scott :cool:

I am interviewing at Univ of Cincy next week. It's my top choice so I hope it goes well.

I also heard from UK.....had a late interview scheduled and was notified I'd be interviewing for the waitlist. Haven't decided if I am still going to go to the interview.

One acceptance is all I really needed so at least the pressure is off.

Stephanie

i interviewed at cincinnati last week... they are so incredibly nice... i was very impressed.

sflynn: don't sweat the interview. They are really laid back and seem like they really want to get to know you.

I received my OSU interview invite via email.

sflynn - when did you receive your cincy invite? congrats, I'm sure you'll rock that interview!

- luw

Originally posted by luw
sflynn - when did you receive your cincy invite? congrats, I'm sure you'll rock that interview!

- luw

Got the invite the week of Thanksgiving. I'm flying out of here on Monday and will fly back on Tuesday night. I got blessings from my students today and I'm basically relaxed and looking forward to it. I actully really enjoy interviews.....it's the waiting afterward that I hate.

Stephanie

I interviewed at Cinci back in October and really really liked it as well. Definitely very laid back and the students are really nice.

I'd also like to hear from and visit OSU too, since it too has a great reputation. Is it getting too late to be notified and interviewed at Ohio State? I called the other day and they told me that there was basically nothing I could do to strengthen my position in their pile of apps. They only require two letters of rec and because of our system at Duke I have six, so I can't send any more recs.

Also, does anyone know about the number of out-of-staters accepted at OSU? I was told at an interview at MCO that Ohio schools have a tough time filling seats with Ohio residents. If this is the case, why then does it appear that I'm going to go two years in a row (I'm a reapplicant) without even an interview at Ohio State, one of Ohio's major instate, public instituions, funded by Ohio taxpayers, like myself. This is also in light of being told that there are many students in the entering class like myself, similar stats. I understand states like California have too many applicants for spots, but I don't buy the fact that Ohio has a shortage of qualified Ohio applicants who pay money to fund those institutions through taxes.

Thoughts and comments?

I have received the impression, at a couple of the second-tier large state schools - University of Minnesota and Ohio State - that they're looking out-of-state more than they have in the past to increase some of their numbers averages, and vis a vis, their "reputation". Ohio State, and its recent improvements, was surprisingly attractive.

Hi all:

Has anyone who interviewed at OSU in February received a decision letter? When I interviewed, we were told that we should hear at the end of February/beginning of March, but I have yet to receive anything, and my status on the notification page has not changed. Thanks.

2/26 interview - received acceptance 3/7

We were told that our group would go before the adcom THAT AFTERNOON, which was kind of nerve racking, but was obviously part of the reason for the quick turnaround.