Any non-trad current med students I could talk to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

woktheline

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi y’all.

So I took the MCAT in May and underperformed substantially relative to my target. This plus some planned PTO from work really shook loose a lot of my commitment to this path given my age and interests. I know this can be a personal question, but I’ve tried reading books, blogs, podcasts and parents and I still struggle with my thoughts on it now.

I view this time as critical so I can either revamp my studying for the next MCAT and cycle, or gifs up the ghost entirely and pursue another career.

I can give specs on my background in a personal message, but I am about to turn 30 and look to start a family soon so these are all weighing on me heavily.

Looking forward to talking to some of you soon!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Non-trad MS3 here. Currently age 39. MASSIVELY underperformed on my MCAT and still got into a top MD. Reach out anytime.
 
It seems you've gotten a lot of support, but feel free to reach out here too -- I'm 27, non-trad M1 at a USMD school, reinventor, and currently pregnant 🙂