Any OMM resources you use for your class that helps (besides Savarese)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shadowlightfox

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The OMM department in my school is such a joke, and I mean that in a bad way. They don't know how to run the course and there is no structure to it, and it's making me hate OMM rather than love it.

What's even worse is that I don't know what resource to use to prepare for their exams. Their slides (or lack thereof) are not helping, and they don't even have lectures anymore, making the exams that much more dreadful and annoying.

Since I want to do at least something to alleviate this mess, what resources do you guys recommend I use to learn OMM stuff? I know about Savarese, but I was looking for more on the anatomy aspects, like why you do some of the techniques, like what muscle is being used when treating with this way, etc. Sadly, as useful as Nicholas is with showing you the steps to the techniques, they don't explain to you basis behind some of the setups, or at least not as in-depth as they should be.

Appreciate any help I can get!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I use Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: Comlex Review (Board Review Series) by Modi to help supplement some of the anatomy portions, but unfortunately it doesn't tell you which specific muscle you are treating with the techniques.

Last edited:
I use Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine: Comlex Review (Board Review Series) by Modi to help supplement some of the anatomy portions, but unfortunately it doesn't tell you which specially muscle you are treatment with the techniques.

Oh wow. I had no idea there was a BRS series on OMM. I'll check it out!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just an FYI I think hating OMM is pretty typical and feeling negatively toward faculty is typical. We have wonderful doctors who are very good at what they do but not very good at teaching and testing the material

Reactions: 1 user
Just an FYI I think hating OMM is pretty typical and feeling negatively toward faculty is typical. We have wonderful doctors who are very good at what they do but not very good at teaching and testing the material

As the popular yet cliched adage goes, "Misery loves company," so good (or bad) to see that my school's not unique in that regard.

Sorry to necro an old thread, but for future med students sake I wanted to offer our support and contend that we at OMG OMT are the best. We have a big bone to pick with many OMM departments, because for the most part they seem to be comprised of the same recycled old cooky DO's who are just there to regurgitate the same BS over and over again without adequately explaining anything, or without articulating what you need to know and how it integrates with the rest of medicine for COMLEX.

Specifically regarding your questions, we offer:
  • High yield didactic videos -- we can teach you more in 15 minutes than you med school can in 2-3 hours
  • Literal demonstrations of how to set up & position high yield techniques. This includes why you perform techniques, especially regarding the 'Special Tests' section.
  • Testimonials from students who have scored in the high 700's on COMLEX using OMG OMT
  • Organic practice OMM questions
  • A mock COMLEX exam that mimics COMLEX time-constraints and test composition
  • 24/7 online support
Everybody's learning style is different, of course, but if you like high yield, stream-lined, efficient learning, I humbly implore you to check us out :D

I have no idea about your source but the fact that you’re like “hur hur hur someone who scored a 700 used our resource” and you bolded makes you seem sleezey.

You know that your OMT resource didn’t get that 700, you know the comlex is a lot more that that. And to throw that down, in bold, makes you lose credibility to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I have no idea about your source but the fact that you’re like “hur hur hur someone who scored a 700 used our resource” and you bolded makes you seem sleezey.

You know that your OMT resource didn’t get that 700, you know the comlex is a lot more that that. And to throw that down, in bold, makes you lose credibility to me.

Omm/NMM must test concepts out of Foundations.

A good picture guide is Atlas for Osteopathic Techniques.

I recommend you network and get access to at least 2 other DO Med schools’ OMT PowerPoints.

Should be easy with DropBox Etc.

OMT is highly useful and high yield. You must learn concepts. They should be teaching concepts at the least.

So they have teaching fellows?

For class, you just gotta figure out what your OMM department likes and do that.

For boards, the answer is a confident “Savarese + COMBANK.” The Combank OMM questions and explanations should be required practice for anyone taking boards - they saved my butt, and the butts of my classmates, on the OMM shelf.

For class, you just gotta figure out what your OMM department likes and do that.

For boards, the answer is a confident “Savarese + COMBANK.” The Combank OMM questions and explanations should be required practice for anyone taking boards - they saved my butt, and the butts of my classmates, on the OMM shelf.

That's the plan!

Omm/NMM must test concepts out of Foundations.

A good picture guide is Atlas for Osteopathic Techniques.

I recommend you network and get access to at least 2 other DO Med schools’ OMT PowerPoints.

Should be easy with DropBox Etc.

OMT is highly useful and high yield. You must learn concepts. They should be teaching concepts at the least.

So they have teaching fellows?

Not sure if serious.

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard of OMG OMT. don't know if it is good though

I think OMGOMT is gonna be a resource people start hearing more and more about over the next few years. It's become pretty popular at my school for both class and boards. I think they have some kinks to work out, but as far as clear cut content that is fast and easy to learn from/recall, I feel like its worth using it.

I used OMGOMT thought this past year, and then Kaplan with OMGOMT for the COMAT and Boards. I've never touched Savarese (the green book). DIT OMM is based off of Savarese though if you're look for something concise and lecture-based that goes with what you may already be using.

Free Zanki OMM decks and omm quizlets is much better than OMG OMT

Free Zanki OMM decks and omm quizlets is much better than OMG OMT

I took a look at the zanki OMM deck. It's not as good IMO as all the other zanki decks. Some chapters are really good with the cards, but other chapters like the special tests one was not done very well.

I feel like for Savarese you are better off making your own deck for those.