Any one accepted to USN South Jordan Campus ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ItsAboutTime

Now or Never
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any one on this forum accepted to USN South Jordan campus or know someone who has been accepted to USN South Jordan campus ?

If yes, then do you have any details you can share about the campus (builiding, staff, location etc) ? How is South Jordan for living? Whats the weather like etc ?

Thanks for replying in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I know a guy accepted to that campus. I don't really know anything about the campus itself, but South Jordan is a suburb of Salt Lake City. It is Mormon, suburbian utopia out there. Weather is cool and fallish from mid/end of sept. to end of oct., then it is cold and snowy until about the beginning of May. Then you get a couple of weeks of spring (in the seventies) if you are lucky until the summer arrives and it is hot (upper 80s to 100+). Utah is a very interesting place...uh, culturally. However, it doesn't get much better in terms of outdoor recreation. Take advantage of your full-time student status and get a season ski pass, otherwise the winter will seem like it lasts forever! :)

ItsAboutTime said:
Any one on this forum accepted to USN South Jordan campus or know someone who has been accepted to USN South Jordan campus ?

If yes, then do you have any details you can share about the campus (builiding, staff, location etc) ? How is South Jordan for living? Whats the weather like etc ?

Thanks for replying in advance

If I were accepted to USN-SJ and had no other options, I'd go.

Utah is a tough place. I don't recommend living in South Jordan unless you have a family or are LDS. I lived in SLC for 11 years and, even in the relatively liberal atmosphere of the "big city", I found it very hard to make friends. I always felt outside of society as a non-Mormon and discrimination was often blatant.

As a skier, though, it was paradise. Utah abounds in outdoor opportunities. So it really depends on what you find more important.

And what's with the tuition at USN-SJ? Woah!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that anyone that would like to live in Utah would enjoy it and it is cheap for living expenses comparitively to the East and West Coast. As a former native Utahn, I don't think Salt Lake is any different than any other city.

As for making friends, I believe it is your attitude where ever you live. The Mormon community is tightly knit in their individual congregations but in my opinion they are rarely excluding or discriminating. Also, a quarter of the population is non-Mormon and most of them live in the Salt Lake area. If you are looking for friends to drink, smoke, and sleep around with, it would be harder to find these friends in the Mormon population.

Bump

Any one else going to attend USN South Jordan ? Though it is not my first choice (I am still on high waiting list for two others), I am just glad that I have a admission in a pharmacy school and do not have to go through filling out applications, attending interviews and then waiting for ever.

:)