Any other puckheads here ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Thank you for beating the Caps.

I have no ill will towards the NYR. The Isles, however.... can take a flying leap for all I care.

(Relocate them to QC for all I care.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Holy cow what a double game 7 finish...never thought my Bruins would come back from a 3 goal deficit. Congrats to the Rangers for a huge finish against the Caps...should be a great series.

PIT v. OTT in like, eight minutes.

MattCookeGate continues. Guy farts on the ice, and they'll give him two minutes, guaranteed.

PIT v. OTT in like, eight minutes.

MattCookeGate continues. Guy farts on the ice, and they'll give him two minutes, guaranteed.

If the Pens are smart it will be a battle of former Panthers in net. Man does Fleury look bad when he's off his game.

Yep. PIT has to be 'all-in' with Vokoun. He's doing exactly the job that he was brought on-board to do; stop pucks in case Fleury becomes cheesecloth.

Fleury did just have a baby, so no idea what's in his head right now.

Hate it when they let 2 days slide between games.

Members don't see this ad :)
B's in 7 close games...I hope.
Pens offense is scary, though. B's need to muscle up and pound them to have any chance.

Interesting how the only teams left in the playoffs were the four previous Stanley Cup champions; five if you count the Red Wings before they lost tonight.

Interesting how the only teams left in the playoffs were the four previous Stanley Cup champions; five if you count the Red Wings before they lost tonight.

I wanted the Wings to advance, but I'm glad they didn't after that BS call.

Not only are my Rangers out, but Tortorella fired. Richards possibly not getting bought out. and Lundqvist possibly not signing an extension. we're screwed LMAO

But anywho... I'd have to take Pens in 6 here. they seem unstoppable. very happy the Blackhawks advanced also. awesome to come back from a 3-1 deficit. got some great hockey left to watch ladies and gents

There's an "Unemployed Torts" parody twitter account that's absolutely hilarious. I have no specific hatred for the Rangers, so I too was shocked when the axe fell.

Also, if you're a hockey fan and you don't have twitter, I don't know what to say. You're missing out. Huge.

Game 1 tonight! I'm super excited to see if Boston is really that good or if the Pens just folded like a house of cards. My gut says that Rask faced a lot of good shooters, but those shooters weren't making good shots. My pick is Hawks in 7.

Funny that. We'll see how the rest of it plays out.

Maybe the jingoism knob needs to be turned up a notch or two. We may need to invade northern Africa next. Who knows ? Useful to have the words "patriot" and "champion" thrown about in the same sentence.

Eurasia has always been at war with Eastasia.

Funny that. We'll see how the rest of it plays out.

Maybe the jingoism knob needs to be turned up a notch or two. We may need to invade northern Africa next. Who knows ? Useful to have the words "patriot" and "champion" thrown about in the same sentence.

Eurasia has always been at war with Eastasia.

The Penguins losing is now an Orwellian nightmare?

go to cnn.com

top story: government data mining results in successes against terrorism.

beneath that: Benghazi is a total nightmare, LOLZ.

need some troops in 2015.

patriots. champions. do your part. a;slfja;ldksjf;alksf;al

Wanted to quote this again for 'no joke's sake.

CNN.com, top of the page: "Trends" - Ed Snowden.

I also thought that those people who screamed "its fixed! LOLZ!" were ridiculous.... and then 'this' happened.

If you think that our gov't doesn't do freaking downright evil things all the time, you're wrong. Its not that far of a stretch to think that pro sports is well within their reach.

can't wait. was a great Stanley cup series. glad the Blackhawks took it home. they were one of my favorites to take it all year

I'm stoked, too. I collect/trade hockey cards on the web as well.... I just had this feeling that I had better sit on this small stack of Blackhawks cards that I had piled up....

Tradefrenzytime. a;lsdjf;alkf;alkf;alkf

Wanted to quote this again for 'no joke's sake.

CNN.com, top of the page: "Trends" - Ed Snowden.

I also thought that those people who screamed "its fixed! LOLZ!" were ridiculous.... and then 'this' happened.

If you think that our gov't doesn't do freaking downright evil things all the time, you're wrong. Its not that far of a stretch to think that pro sports is well within their reach.

Dumb it down for me, dude - what ARE you talking about?

Dumb it down for me, dude - what ARE you talking about?

After the Penguins imploded against Boston, there were many around these parts that thought that the series might be 'fixed'; that given the terrorist event at the Boston marathon, and the constant mess that is the middle east/north africa that it might be a convenient way to drum up some 'patriotism' to see Boston overcoming the tragic events and staying "BOSTON STRONG" and all that.

The poster above scoffed at me when I reported that. I too, initially thought - "No. That's just crazy." Then, I thought some more. Take a look at the other prominent headlines as of late: "Evidence leaked that the US gov't has compiled all sorts of data on its citizens in the fight against terror".... "Edward Snowden on the run, hiding out in China... wanted for espionage by the US."

Its not that far of a stretch to think that some high-level sporting event outcome might be fixed to achieve some other goal, given what we now know. Its easy to imagine a scenario where Washington decides that we 'need' to invade (insert whatever location here), and in order to drum up popular support, you hear cries of "Boston Strong" (or whatever would be similar). It'd be a "Wagging the dog" of sorts.

After the Penguins imploded against Boston, there were many around these parts that thought that the series might be 'fixed'; that given the terrorist event at the Boston marathon, and the constant mess that is the middle east/north africa that it might be a convenient way to drum up some 'patriotism' to see Boston overcoming the tragic events and staying "BOSTON STRONG" and all that.

The poster above scoffed at me when I reported that. I too, initially thought - "No. That's just crazy." Then, I thought some more. Take a look at the other prominent headlines as of late: "Evidence leaked that the US gov't has compiled all sorts of data on its citizens in the fight against terror".... "Edward Snowden on the run, hiding out in China... wanted for espionage by the US."

Its not that far of a stretch to think that some high-level sporting event outcome might be fixed to achieve some other goal, given what we now know. Its easy to imagine a scenario where Washington decides that we 'need' to invade (insert whatever location here), and in order to drum up popular support, you hear cries of "Boston Strong" (or whatever would be similar). It'd be a "Wagging the dog" of sorts.

So, doesn't the Blackhawks winning the cup kinda go in the face of this conspiracy theory? I don't see how Rask letting in 2 really late supports your theory. I want to believe!

So, doesn't the Blackhawks winning the cup kinda go in the face of this conspiracy theory? I don't see how Rask letting in 2 really late supports your theory. I want to believe!

Its not 'my theory'. I'm saying that while others scoffed, as did I at first... that its not beyond the scope of reality.

Dunno; maybe the conspirators thought that it'd be too obvious to have Beantown just up and win the cup, especially in lights-out fashion... after all, they have a Slovak captain... not too recognizable/likable by many a measure. Maybe what they needed was a more "American" champion.... and who better than Kaner... a USA-born fella who loves brews, broads, knocking out cabbies, and all things 'merican.

Now, they get to yell "Boston Strong", and have a stars-and-stripes babyface on a wheaties box, making the late-night talk show rounds.

Hey, its possible.

Its not 'my theory'. I'm saying that while others scoffed, as did I at first... that its not beyond the scope of reality.

Dunno; maybe the conspirators thought that it'd be too obvious to have Beantown just up and win the cup, especially in lights-out fashion... after all, they have a Slovak captain... not too recognizable/likable by many a measure. Maybe what they needed was a more "American" champion.... and who better than Kaner... a USA-born fella who loves brews, broads, knocking out cabbies, and all things 'merican.

Now, they get to yell "Boston Strong", and have a stars-and-stripes babyface on a wheaties box, making the late-night talk show rounds.

Hey, its possible.

Haha been hearing too many similar theories about the NBA finals as well. I love me some conspiracy theories, but don't consider myself a big believer in them at all. That slim possibility is what intrigues me most about them.

Definitely seems possible to an extent, but just like the NBA it always comes back to the refs didn't call this and that, gotta shake it up a bit with the theories sometimes.

I miss torts. Super hard ass, but we looked a lot less ****ty than this year. managed to catch the blues game, they look like they've never played together before

I miss torts. Super hard ass, but we looked a lot less ****ty than this year. managed to catch the blues game, they look like they've never played together before

Torts isn't doing so well in Vancouver...although to be fair a lot of that is the players faults

Pens have got the Oilers tomorrow night. No idea how the Oilers are not even passably good yet. Calgary was supposed to be the laughingstock of the west; now they're like that middle school chick that you thought was nasty, then she showed up on the first day of 9th grade and is smoking hot.

Pens have got the Oilers tomorrow night. No idea how the Oilers are not even passably good yet. Calgary was supposed to be the laughingstock of the west; now they're like that middle school chick that you thought was nasty, then she showed up on the first day of 9th grade and is smoking hot.

So far shocking to me:

Teams doing better than expected....
-Toronto. After years and YEARS of being a laughing stock, getting better. Wish they didn't pull the worlds biggest flop against Boston last playoffs though because I hate hate HATE boston
-Colorado
-Calgary

Teams doing worse than expected....
-Chicago
-Philly

Although to be fair its early and the rankings will probably change drastically!

Whos your team again RustedFox?

My loyalties, in order: PIT. TBL. CAL. WPG.

Teams that I surprisingly don't hate: NJD. NYR. EDM. DET.

Teams that I hope go off of a cliff in a bus: PHI. WSH. MTL. MIN. DAL. LAK (because I hate LA as a city).

Cities that I hope get a team: Seattle. Quebec City. (Portland?). Las Vegas.

Teams that could stand to be 'deleted': PHX. DAL. NSH. CBJ.

Easy fix for the two seven-team conferences in the west: Add Seattle to the 'west', add Las Vegas to the 'central'.

Easy fix for the two eight-team conferences in the east: Delete Florida (Panthers). Delete CBJ.

Pursuant to the above, don't delete TBL for two reasons (1.) I live here now and (2.) at the last game that I went to, there were more license plates in the parking lot from Ontario, Quebec, and the Maritime provinces than you could shake a stick at. Tampa Bay is simply "Ottawa South" in the wintertime. Conversely, nobody goes to Panthers games because they're all too busy running drugs from Cuba/DR, or going to nightclubs.

right man?? what's going on with them. suddenly the power play has a touch of life, but Torts leaves and it seems like he took the defense with him. makes no sense how we could flip flop like that seemingly overnight. and Richards and Cally are both scoring!! we should be winning with that tandem producing.

the awful goaltending hasn't helped though, so hopefully with Biron gone a fire will get lit up someone's butt. Lundqvist hasn't shined yet, and Nash with a head injury. they better pick it up quick. even if a 9 game road trip to start the season against some of the leagues best teams is tough, this is flat out unacceptable hockey right now.

sorry ill stop... I could rant all night about this...

Yeah being on the road for 9 straight is a tough way to start the years. Plus preseason we were away the entire preseason. These guys have been on the road for months already

lmaoooo this is by far the best post I've read on this forum, and it's a forum for doctors and aspiring doctors!! haha brilliant.

totally agree about the panthers and CBJ. I think a Vegas team would be successful, and Seattle has been proven to be a decent sports town also (Mariners, Seahawks), despite the slip up with the Sonics in the NBA. being close to Canada is a recipe for success I'd say. Again, great post.

Thanks. Was at the PIT/TBL game last week, wearing my Pens jersey. Some lardass behind me started to job me; "Durhurhur, where were your Penguins last night against Florida? Hurrrrr." I shot back at him; "We had in our AHL goalie to get him experience; was the right thing to do seeing as how he might have to be our backup." Then he said something equally as stupid that I can't remember, but made me mad. Maybe "Gaylord" or something else that a fourth-grader would say. I turn around, look at him, then put it to him: "Shouldn't you be checking your blood glucose?... I mean, I'm just lookin' at you, and... all that junk food has got to have you close to three... four-hundred."

Laughter all around me from both Pens and Bolts fans alike. His fat latina (fattina?) girl then wanted to enter the fray with "Hey. louuuk at me. Jou... need to be quiet." Lit her up in spanish, much to her surprise that a guy this white would speak her tongue.