any peds interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone received travel info for Seattle Children's or OHSU? I'm trying to make travel arrangements but haven't gotten any info yet about nearby hotels or places they may have special rates with. If you have any info, I'd love to know:).

Members don't see this ad.

Places to stay in Seattle:

Watertown - Studio Room $109 Call Christine Wissink @ 206-826-4254
University Inn - Traditional room $89 Call same number above
(refer to Drake Kendermore to get rates when speaking with Christine)

You should get an info packet in the mail this info and more. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
CHLA
Brown
UCSF
USC

all today

I thought this format might be helpful too:

UNC - :)
Cincinatti - :)
Brown - :)
Baylor - :)
UTSW - :)
UT-H - :)
Stanford - ???
UCLA - ???
UCSF - ???
Denver - ???
Yale -???
CNMC -???
Boston -???
MGH -???
Columbia - ???
Vanderbilt - ???
Seattle - ???

CHOP - :(

Good Luck everyone! May your travels be pleasant and may your credit card limits be high! (I know I'll need it!)

Yale today, i like your format person above me...i'll add my stuff like that this evening.

z

Here's my run-down:

WashU :)
UIowa :)
MCOW :)
Indiana U :)
U of Chicago :)
UIC :)
Rush :)
Loyola :)
Cincinnati :)
UMich :)
Yale-Smiley today!
CHOP-on hold
Children's Mem (Northwestern)-on hold
Hopkins ?
Boston Combined ?
MGH ?
Colorado ?

Best wishes all!

I did not find any details regarding the benefits offered or hospital statistics (beds, nicu stats number of ED visits etc)on freida. nothing much is mentioned on their website too. any reviews or information about this pediatrics program

within the past couple of weeks:
mt sinai
nyu
yale
montefiore

still waiting on:
a bunch!

here's what i've heard so far:
Cali
Oakland
Fresno :)
UCI :)
Harbor :)
USC :)
Loma Linda :)
CHOC :)
Davis - will let ppl know later

Midwest
Loyola
Rush :)
Lutheran General :)
Christ :)
Childrens memorial - will let know later
MCW :)

Other
Seattle
Oregon ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's my list of places I'm interviewing at:

Wash U
Maryland
Univ of Tennessee
UTSW
Baylor
Emory
Rainbow Babies
Cleveland Clinic
Columbus Children's
St Louis Univ
Montefiore
St Christopher's
INOVA Fairfax

Still waiting on a few more...

Here are places I'm interviewing (the smilies):

U Wisconsin
Mayo
U Michigan
Rainbow Babies/Case Western
Riley Children's/Indiana U
Loyola
Rush
UIC
Children's Memorial/Northwestern
Comer/U Chicago
Washington U/St. Louis Children's

Turned down 2 interviews. Waiting on 4 others.

UC Irvine
USC
UCSF-Fresno
Loma Linda
Kaiser LA
Kaiser Oakland
Phoenix Childrens
Univ. of Arizona
Univ. of Utah

When did you send in or complete your application - because I applied to most of these programs and haven't heard anything yet?:(

When did you send in or complete your application - because I applied to most of these programs and haven't heard anything yet?:(

Application was sent around September 28th. Just became complete on some of these this week, so most of the interview invites were sent without having all the LOR uploaded.

My interviews so far:
Baylor
UTSW
Emory
CHOP
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Univ. of Chicago
Rush
UNC
UVA
USF
UF Jax
Indiana
UT Houston
Georgetown
New England/Tufts

Still haven't heard from:
Stanford
UCSD
Univ of Colorado
George Wash
Children's Hospital-Boston
Pitt
Mass Gen

within the past couple of weeks:
mt sinai
nyu
yale
montefiore

still waiting on:
a bunch!

Hi blanche - just wondering when you applied to Mt. Sinai? Is this the one in nyc? I applied (September 5th!) and still haven't heard.. and I called and they said they still haven't reviewed my application yet. Just wondering if they're reviewing in chronological order or not... Thanks!

hi mimosamosa-
yes, i'm referring to the one in ny. i applied around the time you did (sept 6 or 7), but who knows how this process works really!

i'm waiting on some places that i have heard have contacted others, but trying not to worry at this point b/c it's still so early.

good luck!

hi mimosamosa-
yes, i'm referring to the one in ny. i applied around the time you did (sept 6 or 7), but who knows how this process works really!

i'm waiting on some places that i have heard have contacted others, but trying not to worry at this point b/c it's still so early.

good luck!

thanks for your help! good luck to you too :)

i have heard from and have interviews at:
maine
dartmouth
vermont
brown
UNC
SUNY upstate
SUNY stony brook
u. rochester
michigan
madison
utah
CHLA
USC

i've heard from and have been waitlisted at:
u. chicago

haven't heard from:
UCLA
UCSF
stanford
seattle
portland
colorado
pittsburgh

my question: has anyone heard from seattle, portland, UCSF, other northwest schools? a brief browsing tells me some folks have heard yes. has anyone heard no? i just hate to be kept waiting...

Hey guys. Would anyone that's gotten an interview at either UW in Seattle or Colorado be willing to share their stats? i.e. Step 1s, 3rd year grades, +/- AOA. I think I'm a competitive applicant (though not AOA), but I haven't heard from these schools yet and it's driving me crazy. Just trying to figure out if I actually have a shot or not. Thx. :)

pittsburgh today too!
university of colorado as well

colorado?
those pricks are stonewalling me. they're entering a world of pain. a world of pain.

you sound bitter. what's going on with colorado?? if you don't mind me asking...

those pricks are stonewalling me. they're entering a world of pain. a world of pain.

Pedsinfla - He's (mis)quoting "The Big Lebowski". It's a good movie. You should see it. :idea:
And I haven't heard from Colorado either. Then again, I've never actually been to Colorado, so I can't be too broken up about it. Although I met a pretty girl who was from there, and she said it's nice. Lotsa sun. And I hear there's mountains now? I'm psyched.

Also, off topic, I just realized that I should have registered with the name MSPEhaving. Is it too late?

-M

i actually spoke to a girl who went to med school there, and said the peds program was kinda on the malignant side. residents are kinda hard-core and competitive amongst themselves.

but i hear its gorgeous out there too....

is it march 15 yet?!?! :scared:

And I hear there's mountains now? I'm psyched.

-M

Yeah, I think the city council voted to have them put in a couple years back.

-Z

yes, I'm waiting for Nov 1st too

I predict that come Nov 1 I'm going to be checking my email hourly. Good luck to you all and I hope interviews are going well. I have my first one next week.

Only 3 more weeks of FM for me and then I'm officially done with med school!!! :D

added MGH today . . .apparently they're sliding in just under the wire of the offers from the post-Nov 1 programs

FYI, the didn't have very many interview dates listed, so reply quickly!

still waiting on: colorado (i too am getting no love), hopkins, boston combined, CHOP, and children's memorial (NW)

happy halloween!

Interviews from:
UCSF
Oakland Children's
UW Seattle
UNC
Duke

Waiting to hear from:
UC Davis (say they're waiting for Nov 1st)
OHSU (said they were waiting for my transcript, but haven't heard since they received it)
Stanford
UCLA
Colorado

Here they are..

UCSF:)
CHLA:)
Univ of Wash:)
Univ of Colorado:)
CHildrens Memorial:)
CHOP:)
Cornell:)

Still have not heard from..
Stanford
UCLA
Rainbow Babies
Hopkins
Boston Childrens
Childrens National Medical Center

has anyone heard from George Washington/Children's National yet? or are they waiting on dean's letter?
thanks!

has anyone heard from George Washington/Children's National yet? or are they waiting on dean's letter?
thanks!

i called and they said they're waiting for the dean's letter and will inform applicants sometime during the first 2 weeks of Nov...

ya'll are making me nervous with all of these interview invites... i applied to one place and got that one interview, so i'm psyched about that!! anyone else in a situation where they are only applying to one-two places due to location (like a spouse who can't relocate)?

Actually, I'm in a situation where my spouse has already matched in PM&R in a city (she is obviously a year ahead of me). I've applied to multiple locations because I wanted to compare academic programs for research track and academic medical tracks (I'm a dual degree student). My spouse actually agreed that if a program really offers something that I really, really like outside of the city she has matched, she is willing to transfer. Also, my philosophy is that it never hurts to take a look at a program because I think I may consider fellowship after residency, so interviews also allow applicants to

If you've received interview offers for your 2 places of interest, that is awsome! I would definitely bring up in interview that you have a spouse in the same geographic location. I know residency committees definitely take that in consideration. Programs like to know if you're serious about attending their program. Good luck!

(Sorry, my attending had showed up suddenly to see one of my patients so I didn't get to finish my first paragraph before sending it.)

Anyway, as I was saying, I'm interviewing at other places as an opportunity to look at other program for possibility of fellowship considerations.

Happy MSPE day everyone!
I hope your deans all wrote nice things and forgot all the bad ones!
By friday I expect the waiting to be over, and I can break my checking-my-email-14-times-a-day habit.:scared:

:luck: Good luck!

Hopkins today (nov 1)

Z

Hopkins today as well!

Ooooh, me too, me too!! (hopkins today as well)

i was wondering if someone who's heard from MGH could post their available interview dates (especially those in the first 2 weeks of dec) since they have so few per a previous post and it would be very helpful for planning purposes (in the case that i get an interview that is...). thanks a lot!!

here's my list:
YAY:
ucsf
michigan
cinci
rainbow
chop
children's memorial/nw
u chicago
seattle
columbia
wash u
milwaukee
hopkins
pitt

still waiting:
stanford
boston (will let us know by nov 8 apparently)
mgh
national dc

no rejections so far.

good luck everyone!

MGH interview dates:
11/17, 12/01, 12/15, 1/05, 1/12, 1/19, 1/26

UCLA mattel's today (10/2)

Z

zedpol: Did UCLA give you specific interview dates?