You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
any peds interviews yet?
Started by skapone33
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Places to stay in Seattle:
Watertown - Studio Room $109 Call Christine Wissink @ 206-826-4254
University Inn - Traditional room $89 Call same number above
(refer to Drake Kendermore to get rates when speaking with Christine)
You should get an info packet in the mail this info and more. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Watertown - Studio Room $109 Call Christine Wissink @ 206-826-4254
University Inn - Traditional room $89 Call same number above
(refer to Drake Kendermore to get rates when speaking with Christine)
You should get an info packet in the mail this info and more. Feel free to PM me with any questions.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CHLA
Brown
UCSF
USC
all today
Brown
UCSF
USC
all today
I thought this format might be helpful too:
UNC - 🙂
Cincinatti - 🙂
Brown - 🙂
Baylor - 🙂
UTSW - 🙂
UT-H - 🙂
Stanford - ???
UCLA - ???
UCSF - ???
Denver - ???
Yale -???
CNMC -???
Boston -???
MGH -???
Columbia - ???
Vanderbilt - ???
Seattle - ???
CHOP - 🙁
Good Luck everyone! May your travels be pleasant and may your credit card limits be high! (I know I'll need it!)
UNC - 🙂
Cincinatti - 🙂
Brown - 🙂
Baylor - 🙂
UTSW - 🙂
UT-H - 🙂
Stanford - ???
UCLA - ???
UCSF - ???
Denver - ???
Yale -???
CNMC -???
Boston -???
MGH -???
Columbia - ???
Vanderbilt - ???
Seattle - ???
CHOP - 🙁
Good Luck everyone! May your travels be pleasant and may your credit card limits be high! (I know I'll need it!)
Here's my run-down:
WashU 🙂
UIowa 🙂
MCOW 🙂
Indiana U 🙂
U of Chicago 🙂
UIC 🙂
Rush 🙂
Loyola 🙂
Cincinnati 🙂
UMich 🙂
Yale-Smiley today!
CHOP-on hold
Children's Mem (Northwestern)-on hold
Hopkins ?
Boston Combined ?
MGH ?
Colorado ?
Best wishes all!
WashU 🙂
UIowa 🙂
MCOW 🙂
Indiana U 🙂
U of Chicago 🙂
UIC 🙂
Rush 🙂
Loyola 🙂
Cincinnati 🙂
UMich 🙂
Yale-Smiley today!
CHOP-on hold
Children's Mem (Northwestern)-on hold
Hopkins ?
Boston Combined ?
MGH ?
Colorado ?
Best wishes all!
UVA
Rush
both yesterday
Rush
both yesterday
here's what i've heard so far:
Cali
Oakland
Fresno 🙂
UCI 🙂
Harbor 🙂
USC 🙂
Loma Linda 🙂
CHOC 🙂
Davis - will let ppl know later
Midwest
Loyola
Rush 🙂
Lutheran General 🙂
Christ 🙂
Childrens memorial - will let know later
MCW 🙂
Other
Seattle
Oregon ?
Cali
Oakland
Fresno 🙂
UCI 🙂
Harbor 🙂
USC 🙂
Loma Linda 🙂
CHOC 🙂
Davis - will let ppl know later
Midwest
Loyola
Rush 🙂
Lutheran General 🙂
Christ 🙂
Childrens memorial - will let know later
MCW 🙂
Other
Seattle
Oregon ?
Here are places I'm interviewing (the smilies):
U Wisconsin
Mayo
U Michigan
Rainbow Babies/Case Western
Riley Children's/Indiana U
Loyola
Rush
UIC
Children's Memorial/Northwestern
Comer/U Chicago
Washington U/St. Louis Children's
Turned down 2 interviews. Waiting on 4 others.
U Wisconsin
Mayo
U Michigan
Rainbow Babies/Case Western
Riley Children's/Indiana U
Loyola
Rush
UIC
Children's Memorial/Northwestern
Comer/U Chicago
Washington U/St. Louis Children's
Turned down 2 interviews. Waiting on 4 others.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UC Irvine
USC
UCSF-Fresno
Loma Linda
Kaiser LA
Kaiser Oakland
Phoenix Childrens
Univ. of Arizona
Univ. of Utah
When did you send in or complete your application - because I applied to most of these programs and haven't heard anything yet?🙁
When did you send in or complete your application - because I applied to most of these programs and haven't heard anything yet?🙁
Application was sent around September 28th. Just became complete on some of these this week, so most of the interview invites were sent without having all the LOR uploaded.
My interviews so far:
Baylor
UTSW
Emory
CHOP
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Univ. of Chicago
Rush
UNC
UVA
USF
UF Jax
Indiana
UT Houston
Georgetown
New England/Tufts
Still haven't heard from:
Stanford
UCSD
Univ of Colorado
George Wash
Children's Hospital-Boston
Pitt
Mass Gen
Baylor
UTSW
Emory
CHOP
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Univ. of Chicago
Rush
UNC
UVA
USF
UF Jax
Indiana
UT Houston
Georgetown
New England/Tufts
Still haven't heard from:
Stanford
UCSD
Univ of Colorado
George Wash
Children's Hospital-Boston
Pitt
Mass Gen
within the past couple of weeks:
mt sinai
nyu
yale
montefiore
still waiting on:
a bunch!
Hi blanche - just wondering when you applied to Mt. Sinai? Is this the one in nyc? I applied (September 5th!) and still haven't heard.. and I called and they said they still haven't reviewed my application yet. Just wondering if they're reviewing in chronological order or not... Thanks!
hi mimosamosa-
yes, i'm referring to the one in ny. i applied around the time you did (sept 6 or 7), but who knows how this process works really!
i'm waiting on some places that i have heard have contacted others, but trying not to worry at this point b/c it's still so early.
good luck!
yes, i'm referring to the one in ny. i applied around the time you did (sept 6 or 7), but who knows how this process works really!
i'm waiting on some places that i have heard have contacted others, but trying not to worry at this point b/c it's still so early.
good luck!
hi mimosamosa-
yes, i'm referring to the one in ny. i applied around the time you did (sept 6 or 7), but who knows how this process works really!
i'm waiting on some places that i have heard have contacted others, but trying not to worry at this point b/c it's still so early.
good luck!
thanks for your help! good luck to you too 🙂
i have heard from and have interviews at:
maine
dartmouth
vermont
brown
UNC
SUNY upstate
SUNY stony brook
u. rochester
michigan
madison
utah
CHLA
USC
i've heard from and have been waitlisted at:
u. chicago
haven't heard from:
UCLA
UCSF
stanford
seattle
portland
colorado
pittsburgh
my question: has anyone heard from seattle, portland, UCSF, other northwest schools? a brief browsing tells me some folks have heard yes. has anyone heard no? i just hate to be kept waiting...
maine
dartmouth
vermont
brown
UNC
SUNY upstate
SUNY stony brook
u. rochester
michigan
madison
utah
CHLA
USC
i've heard from and have been waitlisted at:
u. chicago
haven't heard from:
UCLA
UCSF
stanford
seattle
portland
colorado
pittsburgh
my question: has anyone heard from seattle, portland, UCSF, other northwest schools? a brief browsing tells me some folks have heard yes. has anyone heard no? i just hate to be kept waiting...
Hey guys. Would anyone that's gotten an interview at either UW in Seattle or Colorado be willing to share their stats? i.e. Step 1s, 3rd year grades, +/- AOA. I think I'm a competitive applicant (though not AOA), but I haven't heard from these schools yet and it's driving me crazy. Just trying to figure out if I actually have a shot or not. Thx. 🙂
those pricks are stonewalling me. they're entering a world of pain. a world of pain.
Pedsinfla - He's (mis)quoting "The Big Lebowski". It's a good movie. You should see it.
And I haven't heard from Colorado either. Then again, I've never actually been to Colorado, so I can't be too broken up about it. Although I met a pretty girl who was from there, and she said it's nice. Lotsa sun. And I hear there's mountains now? I'm psyched.
Also, off topic, I just realized that I should have registered with the name MSPEhaving. Is it too late?
-M
i actually spoke to a girl who went to med school there, and said the peds program was kinda on the malignant side. residents are kinda hard-core and competitive amongst themselves.
but i hear its gorgeous out there too....
is it march 15 yet?!?!
but i hear its gorgeous out there too....
is it march 15 yet?!?!

And I hear there's mountains now? I'm psyched.
-M
Yeah, I think the city council voted to have them put in a couple years back.
-Z
yes, I'm waiting for Nov 1st too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
added MGH today . . .apparently they're sliding in just under the wire of the offers from the post-Nov 1 programs
FYI, the didn't have very many interview dates listed, so reply quickly!
still waiting on: colorado (i too am getting no love), hopkins, boston combined, CHOP, and children's memorial (NW)
happy halloween!
FYI, the didn't have very many interview dates listed, so reply quickly!
still waiting on: colorado (i too am getting no love), hopkins, boston combined, CHOP, and children's memorial (NW)
happy halloween!
has anyone heard from George Washington/Children's National yet? or are they waiting on dean's letter?
thanks!
i called and they said they're waiting for the dean's letter and will inform applicants sometime during the first 2 weeks of Nov...
ya'll are making me nervous with all of these interview invites... i applied to one place and got that one interview, so i'm psyched about that!! anyone else in a situation where they are only applying to one-two places due to location (like a spouse who can't relocate)?
Actually, I'm in a situation where my spouse has already matched in PM&R in a city (she is obviously a year ahead of me). I've applied to multiple locations because I wanted to compare academic programs for research track and academic medical tracks (I'm a dual degree student). My spouse actually agreed that if a program really offers something that I really, really like outside of the city she has matched, she is willing to transfer. Also, my philosophy is that it never hurts to take a look at a program because I think I may consider fellowship after residency, so interviews also allow applicants to
If you've received interview offers for your 2 places of interest, that is awsome! I would definitely bring up in interview that you have a spouse in the same geographic location. I know residency committees definitely take that in consideration. Programs like to know if you're serious about attending their program. Good luck!
If you've received interview offers for your 2 places of interest, that is awsome! I would definitely bring up in interview that you have a spouse in the same geographic location. I know residency committees definitely take that in consideration. Programs like to know if you're serious about attending their program. Good luck!
(Sorry, my attending had showed up suddenly to see one of my patients so I didn't get to finish my first paragraph before sending it.)
Anyway, as I was saying, I'm interviewing at other places as an opportunity to look at other program for possibility of fellowship considerations.
Anyway, as I was saying, I'm interviewing at other places as an opportunity to look at other program for possibility of fellowship considerations.
i was wondering if someone who's heard from MGH could post their available interview dates (especially those in the first 2 weeks of dec) since they have so few per a previous post and it would be very helpful for planning purposes (in the case that i get an interview that is...). thanks a lot!!
here's my list:
YAY:
ucsf
michigan
cinci
rainbow
chop
children's memorial/nw
u chicago
seattle
columbia
wash u
milwaukee
hopkins
pitt
still waiting:
stanford
boston (will let us know by nov 8 apparently)
mgh
national dc
no rejections so far.
good luck everyone!
here's my list:
YAY:
ucsf
michigan
cinci
rainbow
chop
children's memorial/nw
u chicago
seattle
columbia
wash u
milwaukee
hopkins
pitt
still waiting:
stanford
boston (will let us know by nov 8 apparently)
mgh
national dc
no rejections so far.
good luck everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm going nuts here! Still waiting!
Good luck!